I wonder how you feel about....

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Development in your neighborhood?

I was at the Ravenswood Metra station waiting for a train back here, and while doing so I took the time to reflect on what was then and what's happening now, and I didn't particularly care for the new LA Fitness gym being built right next to a busy bus route, and I also didn't particularly care for the blemish it put on what was then.

Now, my question is, if there's any development going on in your area, how do you feel about it? Support it or oppose it? Comments welcome.

You got something against gyms? I love gyms :)

I like development ;) it's a good sign, growth is good

Last edited:
You got something against gyms? I love gyms :)

Not particularly, no, but this one is right next to two major transportation routes, and I'm wondering if the owners did any study on how this mega-building would affect commuters? I saw Lawrence Ave, and in my opinion, building it right on the street was a bad idea-- there's the possibility for a bunch of things to happen in a narrow section of road.

Why in the world would be going to that gym effect the people taking a bus???? And businesses are generally next to roads not the back of cornfield somewhere....that is the weirdest worry.

Why in the world would be going to that gym effect the people taking a bus???? And businesses are generally next to roads not the back of cornfield somewhere....that is the weirdest worry.

That wasn't my point. I'm trying to point out that people going home from a gym this large on a narrow section of road under railroad tracks could potentially end up in a traffic jam if enough people use the new place, and want to get home, and don't wanna wait. That's why I said having this gym next to the road wasn't smart. There's a huge parking lot in the back-- surely they could've moved it some, maybe?

That wasn't my point. I'm trying to point out that people going home from a gym this large on a narrow section of road under railroad tracks could potentially end up in a traffic jam if enough people use the new place, and want to get home, and don't wanna wait. That's why I said having this gym next to the road wasn't smart. There's a huge parking lot in the back-- surely they could've moved it some, maybe?

That's alright; Ambrosia's just enamored of you! :lol: No hate mail, please! :lol:

I welcome development as it keeps my neighborhood vital. The more businesses the better.

I welcome development as it keeps my neighborhood vital. The more businesses the better.

I don't particularly oppose development in general; it is a good thing, that's true, but in this case, it's the design of how things are going I don't agree with, and the location of the enterance/exit, which is too close the road.

Can't have everything. Space is tight, they make what they can with what they have available.

Ahhhhhh it's killing me, killing me. They're going walk in and out of the entrance, not drive. And the exit/entrance to a parking lot HAS to be on the road so it doesn't matter where the freaking building is in relation to its parking lot.

Can't have everything. Space is tight, they make what they can with what they have available.

That's probably true, but the first drunk driver that crashes through those REALLY expensive glass doors is gonna be paying a pretty penny for a LONG time-- those doors cost thousands of dollars.

That drunk driver deserves far more than just paying for doors...

If he got charged with reckless homicide, then yes. However, fleeing and eluding police while drunk results in a murder charge, and if that happens (it rarely does in this section), then throw the book at the driver and throw the key away. Better yet, throw it in the lake and let it float away.

Drunk driving and gyms aren't a good mix.

If he got charged with reckless homicide, then yes. However, fleeing and eluding police while drunk results in a murder charge, and if that happens (it rarely does in this section), then throw the book at the driver and throw the key away. Better yet, throw it in the lake and let it float away.

:shock: Throw the key in the lake? We wouldn't want to kill these poor innocent fishes that eats it. :shock:

Don't you live I'm Chicago, aren't there a huge amount of store fronts on the sidewalk? What about all those?

Now I enjoy chaos because it keeps a lot of people really busy where it is and I can enjoy not being there.

Back