I wonder, do you keep your old TDD/TTY?

I keep my TTY in my office but I never use it in few month ago. I almost use VP, too
IMG_2131.jpg

:laugh2:

I have three TDD for each den, living and bedroom
but I have VP at Den, I turn off why? because, many hearing people use voice but never VP, why? they some off clothes, nude, bath, hot remove shirt, Phone cannot see body same TDD but if I use VP / Interpepter, she or he can watch my body!!! I use TDD better, TDD cannot watch my body, if I need VP, I get wear, oh well...

I wish magic wear on VP that I saw computer with webcam make to face or cloths on screen from Disneyland or Walt Disney's Science Center, I don't remember where URL
exp: I am wear for all man's cloths, Webcam to my cloth make lady's cloths on computer's screen, I would like design cloth into VP, magic wear to my body, interpepter see me fine, I will be happy

Spider will dance while you r asleep until then when you pull it out from under ur bed!! Heh! Heh!

too bad! it been cover before under the bed.

I have TTY here at work and no VP here so use the internet relay service. The work are slow to learn the deaf community...

Real con of TTY is what?

an hour of TTY conversation equals 10 minutes of VP conversation! I don't want to waste precious 50 minutes on slow poke TTY conversation!

I already done test and it proved, also I found out majority of hearing people hate TTY relay, they prefer VRS over TRS! That is fact.

I have three TDD for each den, living and bedroom
but I have VP at Den, I turn off why? because, many hearing people use voice but never VP, why? they some off clothes, nude, bath, hot remove shirt, Phone cannot see body same TDD but if I use VP / Interpepter, she or he can watch my body!!! I use TDD better, TDD cannot watch my body, if I need VP, I get wear, oh well...

I wish magic wear on VP that I saw computer with webcam make to face or cloths on screen from Disneyland or Walt Disney's Science Center, I don't remember where URL
exp: I am wear for all man's cloths, Webcam to my cloth make lady's cloths on computer's screen, I would like design cloth into VP, magic wear to my body, interpepter see me fine, I will be happy

Real con of TTY is what?

an hour of TTY conversation equals 10 minutes of VP conversation! I don't want to waste precious 50 minutes on slow poke TTY conversation!

I already done test and it proved, also I found out majority of hearing people hate TTY relay, they prefer VRS over TRS! That is fact.

Slightly off-topic...

If I didn't have CIs, I would *love* to be able to use VP. Unfortunately, it isn't accessible to the deafblind (unless one has enough residual vision to see the computer screen).

Having a telephone conversation via TeleBraille (Braille TTY) is extremely slow. It would be great if the developers of VP could find a way to convert visual images into Braille text.

Okay...back on topic. :)

Do you remember vintage Teletype Corp. Model 15?
IMG_2107.jpg

I still have many ttys, the "fanciest" one in kitchen, (the one with wide printer and lot of nice function buttons ect.. That I got it free from TAP, sitting nearly unused. Because I just got VP200 last summer and pix is soo much better and nicer features.

Rest of tty are in "junkbox' are broken and some works but funky. It's sitting in my attic collecting dust and became a Spider's home.

I have brand new very lightly used Ultratech Compact C tty and I am selling it. But it's aint selln' cuz no one interested!

How about donating or selling it to Amish community!!!!

I dislike tty cuz of talk time is longer like one mentioned on this thread. In past at work, before deafie finally had mobile PDA, my supervisor always timed me when I use tty. I really hate it cuz I can't finish my conversation. I know it's discrimination but I don't get into trouble with my higher up (he'll shut up antsy jerk underlings anyway). Now that I have mobile PDA, the 'cheap' crappy old Ultratech is caked with dust (seriously!!) And shored under the cabinet with supplies stacked on top of it. It became a memory.

Im looking foward for tty to disappear forever and soon Mobile (cellular) Video phone would be useful. But some companies do not allow any videochat on workfloor tho unless u figure out how to hide and chat :lol:

Catty

How about donating or selling it to Amish community!!!!

But Amishes don't have electicity or phone at home. I had visited at deaf amish family's house last several years ago. Husband was deaf and wife was hearing. they have phone booth with telephone pole outside near their house. She can heard loud ring from them before runnng to get it. That s weird!

Catty[/QUOTE]

What is that? :shock:

Ha Deaf people used them in 1960's. I worked to install TTY 28s with Phonetty modem for customers in 1980's. I had lots of tty 28 cabinets about 100 in my garage and basement. Then I m no longer to install them since 1995 and junked all of them out of house. I now sell portable ttys to customers but not much to sell them since VPs coming.
M28-KSR-1-300w.jpg

Ha Deaf people used them in 1960's. I worked to install TTY 28s with Phonetty modem for customers in 1980's. I had lots of tty 28 cabinets about 100 in my garage and basement. Then I m no longer to install them since 1995 and junked all of them out of house. I now sell portable ttys to customers but not much to sell them since VPs coming.
M28-KSR-1-300w.jpg

Wow that's so......huge!

M28-KSR-1-300w.jpg

Yep, I remembered a monster TTY in "old school" style.

How about DBRS from Hawkvrs? If not sure what it is, it is Deaf Blind Relay service, only available at HawkVRS, and I was impressed with them.

Slightly off-topic...

If I didn't have CIs, I would *love* to be able to use VP. Unfortunately, it isn't accessible to the deafblind (unless one has enough residual vision to see the computer screen).

Having a telephone conversation via TeleBraille (Braille TTY) is extremely slow. It would be great if the developers of VP could find a way to convert visual images into Braille text.

Okay...back on topic. :)

I still keep my tty for 911 emgerncy calls or doctors call me or my folks. Some deaf people that I know use tty if they can't afford internet cable for VP. Not everybody is rich to afford something in life. I still use OJO and VP both denpend on who is calling me on which commuication devices. But I like to keep my tty as a old memoir to show to my children that this tty was part of my past and history what deaf people use before VP came in to the world. :)

1800's, no TDD, no telephone, use Morse Code, can chat between deaf and hearing, happy!

Morse code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

later, no more Morse Code become new telephone, Deaf and Hearing can't chat! unhappy

later 1960's big TDD machine but only TDD to TDD, can't chat deaf and hearing, unhappy

later 1980's got new Relay Service! first time, not free, later FCC paid, free
later 1990's got new VRS!
chat both deaf and hearing. They are happy

LOL

Yes that is just like my first TTY back in 70's/80's. Very loud "machine". haha

Chevy57 ... thanks for picture to shown good example what was it looked like. It's better picture then what I shown in my old post from other thread.
My1stTTY.jpg

In meantime ... back this this thread's question. I do keep my third TDD in case of emergency when my internet went down and/or my electricity power went out. It does happened to me several times in the past so it was really good thing to keep my TDD.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Text Telephones (TTY)

Do you remember vintage Teletype Corp. Model 15?
IMG_2107.jpg

Last edited:
How about DBRS from Hawkvrs? If not sure what it is, it is Deaf Blind Relay service, only available at HawkVRS, and I was impressed with them.

As of May 18, 2007, Hawk Relay was still waiting for FCC approval to begin this service. Do you know if DBRS is currently up and running? When I did a Google search, I couldn't find any information about this except for press releases introducing the service. :dunno:

Nobody said anything about my TTY picture up there #1 :tears:

Nah, It's okay ;)

Back