I won a Photography award!

Congratulations HoneyShot!! That's an outstanding achievement and now I suppose the next step is a 'contract'.... ;) Keep up with the fine work in the world of photography!!

What a fantastic! I am also a photographer from Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Now, I use a basic digital camera because it saves my money and against chemical wastes. The B & W is the best solution to get an award. I won a prize from the Boston Globe 15 years ago. :)

If you want to buy a digital camera, I would suggest you to get a 5 pixel (or MP) that makes the picture looks better or high quality. Over 5 pixel is a lot better, but 5 is good enough (plenty of resolution).

My opinion, you do not need some special effect features on a digital camera - you can use the effects on Photoshop or other software so that you preserve your original pictures. Also, don't forget to storage your photographs on CD-R or DVD-R (not on a hard disk, for sake).

Thank you so much Roadrunner I really appreciate it! :) No contract out of this, but I do get an award, recognition, and a little money too. :)

Thank you webexplorer! Thank you for the camera adivce too, but my cameras are all well above 5 mega pixels. I am a professional photographer so need higher end equipement than that, but even my smaller 'home' camera that I shot this picture on is 8MP. Your advice is excellent for some of the others that have read this thread and they (or a family member) are interested in doing some photography, though, so thank you for posting it anyway. :) This is the first time I've really been recognised for an art shot, as mostly I only take the sort of photos that can pay my bills! :lol:

Congratulations! That must've felt fantastic hey?!
thumbs-up.gif

Thank you R3na3Blyth3! Yes it feels great. :)

C.C.Sinned - Thanks Dennis! :)

Thank you very much flyfishfemme! Actually yes, prints of this image are for sale now. It's not available to buy online yet, but when my new website is up in a few weeks it should be! :)

Back