I Wish !!!!

BABYGIRL60628

Reaction score
deaf people have pagers, alarm clock, captions on t.v, computer, tty..... one day, I was with deaf friends at night... we was hungry, so we had to find something to eat... so we park in the parking lot .. so we went to any fast food resturants, we went there the door is closed so.. we have to go drive thur.. so I was like I wish there is have computer or touch tone computer outside to buy deaf people want.. if not then we have to write everything on the papers, it's seem like my hands will get tired of this ... I wish I wish there will have deaf singers or deaf rappers in the video, they can use their sign instead of voice... we never know who would be...smile .... :boink: :cool:

well some fast food place have a screen where they confirm your order, but this only works if you are oral like me but I have a bit of an accent so it can get confused so I reconfirm at the window. I have a rule FOR both hearing and deaf, CHECK your bag right there, dont just zoom off home or whatever, cuz they will accidently give you the wrong order or not include straw, ketchup, sauce whatever etc....

but I know oral people do have a lil hard time but it's was easy to speak combo number 1 to 5... but other way, u have to order more .... sometimes u order wrong foods ... u never know ..

For the drive throughs...I just drive by the order screen. Then when I reach the window..I put my hand up to refuse what they are giving to me because someone behind me ordered..

So I either write it down or tell them that I'm deaf..then give them my order..and wait for a moment..then leave...after I get my order. Simple.

but I am rather computer touch screen ... u know pictures... just like u touch on screen then u already order what u want ... that's would be simple...

Originally posted by BABYGIRL60628
but I am rather computer touch screen ... u know pictures... just like u touch on screen then u already order what u want ... that's would be simple...

I am sure that deaf people are not the only people who wants that.

yeah but not only deaf but hearing people also ... they been complain like they can't hear what already order it.....

they do have those touch screens in MD, I think..somewhere near MD or VA..not that many there, though so I'm not sure exactly where.. i guess it takes time for that to spread to all the other states..

I hope so ... I like more techonlogy is more improve than before... u know used to be cave man, there is rain, they have to use leaves to protect over head but now we use umbella or coverheaf with protective

Originally posted by BABYGIRL60628
I hope so ... I like more techonlogy is more improve than before... u know used to be cave man, there is rain, they have to use leaves to protect over head but now we use umbella or coverheaf with protective

:laugh2:

Ya I know this post hasn't been answered since last year or so... but what the heck...

I know Arby's fast food uses touch screen and I've been to some Mickey D's in Canada that uses touch screen as well. Over the summer I went to eat at the World's Carnival Buffet at Rio in Las Vegas - they have this touch screen paying method.

Don't think there are any in Australia.
We don't use drive thru's at KFC's and Hungry Jacks'.... but we use drive thru at Macca's coz you can order at the window :D

Back