I wish my grass was emo

Endemic

Reaction score
so it will cut itself.

For a moment, I was like... eh?

Then I laughed... hehehe!

I was actually wishing that yesterday when I mowed my front yard. LOL!

That's funny. In case some people are not familiar with emo. EMO is a new group of young teens who cut themselves, its cool in their eyes. Since, she's wishing her grass was EMO meaning it cut itself joke.

That's funny. In case some people are not familiar with emo. EMO is a new group of young teens who cut themselves, its cool in their eyes. Since, she's wishing her grass was EMO meaning it cut itself joke.

you know - I thought emo is just a group of people who like to dress something depressing, talk about depressing stuff, etc.. but they don't do cutting or drugs.

am I wrong???

you know - I thought emo is just a group of people who like to dress something depressing, talk about depressing stuff, etc.. but they don't do cutting or drugs.

am I wrong???
I don't know about the drug part, but I do know that they like to look depressed and are known to be into self mutilation such as cutting themselves, etc...

Emo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to stereotyping. :)

I don't know about the drug part, but I do know that they like to look depressed and are known to be into self mutilation such as cutting themselves, etc...

Emo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to stereotyping. :)

right -
In recent years emo has been associated with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angst-ridden.[104][105][106] It has also been associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide.[107][108]

That's what I thought so. the actual emo does contemplate on suicide/death but does not perform anything destructive to their bodies.

right -

That's what I thought so. the actual emo does contemplate on suicide/death but does not perform anything destructive to their bodies.
That's the problem with fads. When a fad comes and goes, then someone decides to bring it back... they will often change/add something to make it appealing or attention-getting.

Some people think that by acting suicidal, they get attention and sympathy from others. :roll:

Emo was Goth, punk, skaters, and god knows what other names it has gone through...

My step daughter is EMO and boy is she a piece of work.

Yiz
I've seen a bunch of these kids at the mall a lot every time I go to the mall. :roll:

Sometimes, I think that these people who dress emo don't really know what they're getting themselves into. I knew a girl at RIT who thought that being emo was "cool". Even though she had no intention of killing herself, she always talked about it. She would dress like it. Dye her hair different colors all the time. She claimed to be a "skilled emo". :roll:

i can't belive a thread was created that basicly states a 4 year old myspace comment about a bunch of pussies

emo = pussy

My step daughter would "cut" herself just to get attention and sympathy. Especially when I am enforcing rules in the house that she doesn't like. She's an adult now, but as long as she is still living under my roof, she still has to follow the rules.

She would "cut" herself and cry to her momma that I'm a bad man and I hurt her feelings to avoid doing the responsibility of doing any kind of house work in hopes her momma would make me back off.

She often dye her hair in two different colors. Pitch black or blood red.

She dropped out of high school, never persued her GED and blames society for not hiring her because she has no diploma or that she's being discriminated because of her "Goth" look.

Bottom line is, she just doesn't "get it" when it comes to dealing with the real world.

Yiz

My step daughter would "cut" herself just to get attention and sympathy. Especially when I am enforcing rules in the house that she doesn't like. She's an adult now, but as long as she is still living under my roof, she still has to follow the rules.

She would "cut" herself and cry to her momma that I'm a bad man and I hurt her feelings to avoid doing the responsibility of doing any kind of house work in hopes her momma would make me back off.

She often dye her hair in two different colors. Pitch black or blood red.

She dropped out of high school, never persued her GED and blames society for not hiring her because she has no diploma or that she's being discriminated because of her "Goth" look.

Bottom line is, she just doesn't "get it" when it comes to dealing with the real world.

Yiz
I agree.

I hate it when people try to blame others when they should be blaming themselves.

I've seen deaf people do it. Whenever something doesn't go their way, they immediately cry "DEAF DISCRIMINATION!"

I've heard that statement before about the grass being emo.

But I think bands like Deathcab for Cutie and Dashboard Confessional is what brought Emo into the mainstream because before then it was largely underground.

But here lately I've seen more colorful Emos. They'll have black hair cut in a mohawk style or what have you not. They were skintight jeans, hoodies, and wear converse sneakers in an array of colors. Some will wear a fingerless glove on one hand, and have a huge leather cuff on the opposite arm. They wear belts with skeletons on them and they wear stuff like "Nightmare Before Christmas" They still have that sad look with the racoon eyes and dark lipstick, but they're just more colorful about it.

I've been to those emo shops like Hot Topic. There's a few things in there I would wear, but I would not go all out Emo.

Back