I was debating with my friends...

DefMATRIXense

Reaction score
Last night, we went to the restaurant and were chatting about anything. We were discussing "SSI check". All of them saying that most people will be receiving ssi on Dec 31. but I am only one that disagree with them, even though i am not on ssi. Pretty sure that people will receive SSI on Dec 28th because USPS will be closed and some early to close on Dec 31. And they will be closed on Jan 1. Anyone of you has knowledge when?

It would be depend...some get it from the snail mail and some get it from direct deposit. I believe I get mine on 31st via direct deposit. My friend get theirs in the mail...dunno if they'll get them on 31st or wait till Jan 3. Sooooo just few more days till we find out! I'll keep eye on bank balance starts tomorrow till 31st.

Mails will be deliver on 31st so ssi and welfare checks will be deliver on 31st. SSA and SSDI will be deliver on 3rd.

Like TahoeLake said, I'm using direct deposit for SSI.

I remmy it was on Dec 28. So it is depending what kind of bank you have to get your direct deposit. I know I will get mine tmw cuz my bank is federal. Also it is depend on the mail too.

In my old bank account I got my direct deposit on Dec 28.

According to the ssa.gov, For those who are receiving SSI checks will get it on December 31st. For other types of checks such as SSD or SSDI, it will be out on January 3rd (as scheduled).

Here's the calendar of 2007 and 2008 Social Security Benefit Payments

2007 - 2007 Schedule of Social Security Benefit Payments

For 2008 - 2008 Schedule of Social Security Benefit Payments
as long as USPS opens but the problem is USPS will be closed and some early to close on Dec 31.

according to this site, it says " ** For example, if the normal date falls on a weekend or legal holiday. which means 1st of the month (unless earlier)** it seems I might be right Dec 28th. Well..

as long as USPS opens but the problem is USPS will be closed and some early to close on Dec 31.

according to this site, it says " ** For example, if the normal date falls on a weekend or legal holiday. which means 1st of the month (unless earlier)** it seems I might be right Dec 28th. Well..

Actually, I think you will still get yours on the 31st unless your post office closes on New Year's eve. So far, as I know, The post office are still on schedule for the 31st. It is best to check with your local post office to see if they are open on New Year's eve.

USPS.com has an update for the National Mail Services. So you might would want to look into that as well -- USPS - National Mail Service Updates

I work at USPS so I do know all carriers have to come in tmw to deliver the mails. As for the offices, some of them are closed and where I work, only open from 9 am to noon then they closed and they will close the door that is why I will come in early and get out on the route before noon to deliver those mails. People will get their welfare and SSi checks tomorrow. Hopefully they all come in from centeral no problems, sometime mails run late so better for anyone who have SSA, SSI and SSDI to have direct deposit.

Happy New Year.

I already got mine. :D yea it is all depend.

For some reason I remmy long ago a friend of mine didnt get her a direct deposit due to down computer at the ssa office. That sucks. She had to wait 2 days to get it.

Back