I want to make new friends?!

hazelnut898900

Reaction score
I'm a 17 year old hearing girl and I'm currently in my second year of learning ASL. I'm very intrigued with the language and culture and I'm just looking to make new friends!

Honestly, who do have a time to do one-on-one ASL tutoring through online? It is better for you make friends near your hometown area, instead of virtual world. Why don't you try to find Deaf or ASL social events in your hometown area?

:welcome:

No I'm not looking for a tutor. Just thought it would be nice to meet new people. But I look at events in my area and there are little for me to participate in and they're not often :/

hi hazelnut!

I'm 17 years old! (for each leg ....:laugh2:)

I joke of course! :lol:

question: where are you from?

No I'm not looking for a tutor. Just thought it would be nice to meet new people. But I look at events in my area and there are little for me to participate in and they're not often :/

When you graduate from HS, time to move to big city where deaf events are popular. :D

Honestly, who do have a time to do one-on-one ASL tutoring through online? It is better for you make friends near your hometown area, instead of virtual world. Why don't you try to find Deaf or ASL social events in your hometown area?

We do not know where she lives so there might not be any ASL social events in her hometown.

We do not know where she lives so there might not be any ASL social events in her hometown.

I live in Minnesota and there are social events in nearby cities but they're not frequent and not always for me especially since I am not deaf or fluent in sign yet.

I live in Minnesota and there are social events in nearby cities but they're not frequent and not always for me especially since I am not deaf or fluent in sign yet.

There should be large Deaf communities in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. I used to live in Minnesota both rural and city (Minneapolis). St. Paul have a Deaf event at the Thompson Hall. Very popular. There will be other Deaf events for bowling and camping. I don't know what else they have for Deaf events. You will have to look for them. Try to ask at Minnesota Hearing Society in Minneapolis. They will probably give you the Deaf events places. I wish you good luck finding them. :)

There should be large Deaf communities in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. I used to live in Minnesota both rural and city (Minneapolis). St. Paul have a Deaf event at the Thompson Hall. Very popular. There will be other Deaf events for bowling and camping. I don't know what else they have for Deaf events. You will have to look for them. Try to ask at Minnesota Hearing Society in Minneapolis. They will probably give you the Deaf events places. I wish you good luck finding them. :)

Thank you

Back