I want to go to Gallaudet Univ so bad but....

wwefan007

Reaction score
I can't ever decide or how to come up with the money to go. First of all,I got accepted to Gallaudet in July 2007 but I turned it down due to me being too emotional leaving my one-person dog,German Shepherd and the fiancial costs(20,000 per year). So I took a year off after that until I signed and got into my local community college in August 2008. I'm not liking it so far. To be honest,I never had any true friends in my life/school years. So I aske Gallaudet to reconsider my app for 2009 and once again,I got approved. I just finished app for FAFSA but afraid they'll screw me and not give me that much money while I'm a white disabled minority,middle class,single parent(mother),and a brother already in college struggling with bank loans since FAFSA didn't give him much money either for 2007-2008. But I would love to go to Gallaudet to pursue communications(a degree recommended by WWE for creative writing/storyline)and since I can't do any physical wrestling,why not make storylines?! and maybe have acting as a minor since I want to become a successful actor like Maitlin(forgot her first name,lol). I'm so worried about leaving my baby Eva and I don't want her to become associated with another family than myself. ANd I want a deaf girlfriend so bad so maybe while I'm up there,I can date too. I'm afraid my dog will "forget" me and turn away from me even though I plan to come home every other weekend if I go up there.

RANT RANT RANT,lol.:dunno:

Have you searched for all the grants and scholarships that are out there? You can get one for being irish! There are SO many. You have to write a lot of essays, but if you are looking to be writer, maybe that is not so bad. My cousin is going to an expensive college (she is hearing), and she filled out anything and everything she could. Also, are you filing on your own income, or under your parents or something? If you file by yourself, you have a bigger chance of getting more. I am at community college, but my school has a deaf college within it. Its not so bad. But $20,000 is ALOT of money and anyone would have a hard time trying to come up with it.

If you want to PM me you can. I can try to get that website for you with the list of all those grants and scholarships.

Have you searched for all the grants and scholarships that are out there? You can get one for being irish! There are SO many. You have to write a lot of essays, but if you are looking to be writer, maybe that is not so bad. My cousin is going to an expensive college (she is hearing), and she filled out anything and everything she could. Also, are you filing on your own income, or under your parents or something? If you file by yourself, you have a bigger chance of getting more. I am at community college, but my school has a deaf college within it. Its not so bad. But $20,000 is ALOT of money and anyone would have a hard time trying to come up with it.

If you want to PM me you can. I can try to get that website for you with the list of all those grants and scholarships.

Just letting you remind you that the OP have to reach 50 posts to have PM (Private Message). :cool2: <cool>

wwefan007,

You say you're disabled? Why haven't you contacted the state rehab agency? It would be under the Blue pages in your phone book under "State." It may be under vocational rehab; here in Minnesota it's under Rehab Services.

Now, Minnesota wouldn't pay 100 percent of the tuition, fees and books, but they do pay a fair portion.

As for the dog, I assume it's your hearing dog, which is great. Your dog gets to come along with you and you need to ignore the snide remarks of other deafs that don't like it (tough tiddly winks, deafs). I have a hearing dog and couldn't care any less what people, including deafs thought. I got that attitude from shel90. Some deafs have hearing dogs, some don't. Those that don't want to talk to you are the ones you don't need as friends.

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with "WWE." What is that?

You need to go there. Your brother can take care of himself, he's a big boy now. You've already got enough things going for you that you should qualify for quite a bit of money.

As a writer to another writer, keep your pen moving and your keyboard clicking. :) I'm a Communication Studies major and will be going into broadcast journalism as a reporter after graduation. You'll do just fine. ;)

wwefan007,

You say you're disabled? Why haven't you contacted the state rehab agency? It would be under the Blue pages in your phone book under "State." It may be under vocational rehab; here in Minnesota it's under Rehab Services.

Now, Minnesota wouldn't pay 100 percent of the tuition, fees and books, but they do pay a fair portion.

As for the dog, I assume it's your hearing dog, which is great. Your dog gets to come along with you and you need to ignore the snide remarks of other deafs that don't like it (tough tiddly winks, deafs). I have a hearing dog and couldn't care any less what people, including deafs thought. I got that attitude from shel90. Some deafs have hearing dogs, some don't. Those that don't want to talk to you are the ones you don't need as friends.

You need to go there. Your brother can take care of himself, he's a big boy now. You've already got enough things going for you that you should qualify for quite a bit of money.

As a writer to another writer, keep your pen moving and your keyboard clicking. :) I'm a Communication Studies major and will be going into broadcast journalism as a reporter after graduation. You'll do just fine. ;)

Providing that VR isn't broke considering many states are limiting their Rehab services.

Just letting you remind you that the OP have to reach 50 posts to have PM (Private Message). :cool2: <cool>

Ha! Thanks, I didn't know that. Well, it can be out in the open. I can post all that junk anywhere I suppose.

I keep letting people know that they can PM me, now I feel like a weirdo.:giggle:

go to Gallaudet, get VR funding. prepare your tax forms. work at Gallaudet. Study hard. Party hard. Work hard.

then you can join MI6

wwefan007,

Its World Wrestling Enteraiment

Back