I want a Big Mac

I miss Jack In The Box, White Castle and Carl's Jr.. I used to love eating the western bbq cheeseburger that Carl's Jr had with the onion ring and bbq sauce on it. It may have had bacon too as I don't remember because it was back in the mid eighties when I lived there. White Castles were called belly bombers when I lived in St. Louis and while I craved them every so often that was about as much as I could tolerate them! I really used to love eating just the regular cheeseburgers from Jack In The Box when I lived in St. Louis area as well. Late at night they fixed them up fresh and hot and I think I liked their sauce which was similar to thousand island. Yum, Yum!! Making me hungry just thinking about it! I have cut down on my Mickey Dees habit though. I don't enjoy them as much as I used to.

In 1980 I flew to Houston through St. Louis to see friends. One of there friends said he wished he known I was coming through St. Louis as he would have liked for me to bring them some White Castle burgers.

I too love the BK Whoppers and original chicken sandwiches but one has to wonder how many chemicals and how much chicken is really in them! But then again if you worry about these types of things you probably shouldn't be eating there anyway! :shock::P

Anyone remember a burger chain back in the late 60's or early 70's called Burger Chef??? Loved that place as a kid! That was in southeast Missouri. Also remember a place called Mr. Quick that sold 25 cent burgers that were real good! Nothing quite tastes the same or as good any more. I do love me some Steak-N-Shake though!

Well, I came out of the supermarket today and decided I wanted a Big Mac! So I went and got one. It's all Mimsy's fault. I don't know why they offer packets of salt, the fries are far too salty as it is.

Anyway... remember when McD's tried to reinvent itself as a hipper, classier place to with their new look and free Wifi and deli-style wraps and stuff? What's the point? If I were a hipster I'd never go there for a coffee and chicken wrap thing because it's still full of screaming children.

HIPSTERS ARE ONE THING, metromorons are another...the APPEAR as the same...but they are Not...

Well, I came out of the supermarket today and decided I wanted a Big Mac! So I went and got one. It's all Mimsy's fault.

And didn't you love love love it? YUMMY! You can thank me tomorrow.:giggle:

White Castles are the BEST. I love the soggy bread. But there's no WC within walking distance from my building. McDs is right around the corner. Maybe one of these nightss I'll take the subway to WC and bring home a bag full of the hamburgers. I'll probably eat them aall before I get home, they're so small.

Until Saturday? Are you having medical tests on Saturday so you can't eat those things before then??

You'll have to ask her, but I think that she might be on some kind of a diet where you eat really healthy all week, then you get one "free day" at the end of the week where you can eat whatever. I know because my father does the same thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please :)

I've only been there a few times, but Five Guys Burgers and Fries is pretty good, too. NOT healthy... but good :P They have GIANT burgers! I ordered the smallest burger they have, and I could only eat a little bit of it! And their fries... oh my gosh. A "small" order of fries is a HUGE cup full of fries... placed into a paper bag, which is also overflowing with fries. My friends and I ordered two small burgers and one small order of fries, split it between all 6 of us, and had plenty of fries left over to take home! :giggle:

Until Saturday? Are you having medical tests on Saturday so you can't eat those things before then??

Actually.. I eat uber healthy. To keep from losing my mind.. I eat pretty much whatever I want on Saturday and don't stress the food. I tend to have a few small indulgences but because I do eat so cleanly.. don't actually go very overboard.

Everything makes me feel bad when I eat it. Artificial sweeteners, milk, wheat products, greasy stuff. So I keep it very healthy. I've lost a lot of weight (think.. a whole person) like this :)

The other day, I was at McDonalds, I ordered 20 piece McNugget. I got 10. Paid for 20, got 10. My girlfriend joked that God was watching after me and didn't want me to eat too much junky food.

I would've said McDonald's employ people that can't count ;-)

I haven't had McD's in a while, but I REALLY want Santiago's or Chipotle.. I'm really craving those salty lime chips with my pineapple salsa.. drooool.

I've gotten into a really big spinach phase lately, so I try to seek out places that have spinach anything.

Anyone remember a burger chain back in the late 60's or early 70's called Burger Chef??? Loved that place as a kid! That was in southeast Missouri. Also remember a place called Mr. Quick that sold 25 cent burgers that were real good! Nothing quite tastes the same or as good any more. I do love me some Steak-N-Shake though!

One of my friends lived in Missouri (Osage beach) and she loved Better Bite Burger Barn.

White Castle is some good shit..think the business started in C-Bus(Columbus).they're called sliders for a reason. :lol: made myself a hamburger this evening and now I have chest burns..bloody hell..need to cut back on red meat but my family loves red meat...I eat a lot of skinless chicken... :rockon:

12/13/12 which is the day I cheated my death. Man! yes, it is so tempting but the idea of undergoing another one isn't appealing to me, its rather scary!

Haven't been to McDonald's in years, nor Burger King. After heart surgery, the idea of too much junk food or fast food isn't nearly as tempting as it used to be... :shock: We do indulge but we like Nation's. I get the Harvester not so much because it's healthier (hardly, with cheese, their mayo, etc. :P), but because I like the taste. But then, see there are their PIES! Life is so temptiing, LOL! :laugh2:

i veggie but use to like big mac but smell turns my stomach.
our local macdonalds had enviroment people come check see how clean and why people getting upset tummy,they took swabs from every nook and cranie and found human semen on everything.. how got on ceiling cookers front doors and as it open most of time it begger belief.
nothing get me into that place after that..from what i understand it not unusual

our local macdonalds had enviroment people come check see how clean and why people getting upset tummy,they took swabs from every nook and cranie and found human semen on everything.. how got on ceiling cookers front doors and as it open most of time it begger belief.
nothing get me into that place after that..from what i understand it not unusual

I haven't eaten McDonalds in years and its stories like yours that makes me feel great to say that. When I worked in Boston, many of my coworkers ate there nearly every day or every week. I don't know why they'd spend so much money on lunch but clearly they earned far more than me. Still, I noticed how unhealthy they were; at my current job, I find nearly everyone is overweight due to the sedentary nature of the job. I passed on the holiday parties and pizza and just eat my own lunch (fruit). Up until my recent job in October, I was 120 lbs looking to hit my ideal weight at 110. Now I've put on five pounds and looking to lose 15 pounds by the spring. It's a damn good thing I don't like fast food or I'd be up the creek without a paddle.....

Laura

WHAT!?! :eek3: how could the people that worked there not been able to smell that? That would have had a very distinct odor!!! I mean I know there's a lot of other odors in a kitchen, but boy butter EVERYDAMN where, on the ceiling??? You'd be able to smell that. How would some even manage that? Break in after it closed and just um, let er rip??

likewise lau.i about half a stone overweight mainly because got underactive thyroid and sadentary life at the moment.
i dont know about american schools if young people get cookery class, young people in uk seem lost the ability to cook and i think should be compulsery all teenagers at school should learn how to do cheap nutrious food

likewise lau.i about half a stone overweight mainly because got underactive thyroid and sadentary life at the moment.
i dont know about american schools if young people get cookery class, young people in uk seem lost the ability to cook and i think should be compulsery all teenagers at school should learn how to do cheap nutrious food

I don't think people need to be great cooks to make something healthy, it's a matter of choosing to eat fruit and vegies over buying something at Dunkin Donuts. In my opinion, if people knew how much money they were spending on crap and how it gets made, they'd save a bundle of money and do their body a favor at the same time. I just spent over an hour on the excerise bike and will hit the weights today too. I want to try and do more physical activity each day to counter all the sitting around I do.

Laura

Back