I think it is funny, and a very weird about VRS.

SxySpicyGrrl

Cannot wait for spring!!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night it was pretty surprised and kinda of like "out of blue" I was call on vrs to call to my sister the vrs is a male..... I have my nickname on my VP ID you know what I mean? anyway THAT guy last night after I left my sister's voice message and the vrs guy said " Hey do you like pepper?" I was like..... "what? what are you talking about? and he said " Do you like pepper?" I was totally lost! I asked him "Why did u asked me?" he said because of my Id said " spicy" I went like scoffs ..... told him "no, it is not that it mean that I am "sexy" a friend gave it to me a nickname" I was like in my mind "what is the.... "F" he think!?" so I said "good-bye"

I never HEARD anone said things like that to ne on VRS but THAT GUY!? I had to laugh about that in my mind WOW he is so gut to ask me like that..... ?? Anyway thought I'd tell you about this... it is very weird huh? :)

IMHO, this is very unprofessional, and UN-ethical, curious which VRS? There are now 17 VRS providers out there right now.

If this happens to me, what would I do? Sure I can laugh, BUT I will file complaint against this scumbag terp! We don't need unprofessional VRS terp, don't we?

I know I should HAVE complain, but I wasnt thinking!! I should have the comment on website to complain about that... I didnt think of putting vrs numbers down.... Oh well.

IMHO, this is very unprofessional, and UN-ethical, curious which VRS? There are now 17 VRS providers out there right now.

If this happens to me, what would I do? Sure I can laugh, BUT I will file complaint against this scumbag terp! We don't need unprofessional VRS terp, don't we?

Sorry you asked me which VRS?? I only know is on VP (Sorenson)

It sounds to me like he wasn't trying to say you're sexy. Rather, he was trying to make a joke about you liking pepper because pepper is a spice.

It sounds to me like he wasn't trying to say you're sexy. Rather, he was trying to make a joke about you liking pepper because pepper is a spice.

Well, I thought so... but he sure did asked me as if I like the Pepper?? It was like very weird question to ask me cuz I really dont like pepper that much. :)

Did you know the exact job description for all of VRS operators?

Its very simple

Relay all the conversation between you and hearing person. THAT IS IT!

FCC prohibits any personal conversation between operators and customers, period. Don't you realize why operators tend to enable privacy screen while on hold by other parties? This is intended to avoid any personal conversation. Its nothing personal really.

Don't be afraid to report any unprofessional conduct within VRS industry.

Did you know the exact job description for all of VRS operators?

Its very simple

Relay all the conversation between you and hearing person. THAT IS IT!

FCC prohibits any personal conversation between operators and customers, period. Don't you realize why operators tend to enable privacy screen while on hold by other parties? This is intended to avoid any personal conversation. Its nothing personal really.

Don't be afraid to report any unprofessional conduct within VRS industry.

I know what you mean..... next time as if vrs do this like that or whatever I'll do that... but need to put it down vrs's interp's numbers thats all.

dang thats wrong of the vrs to ask u hey u like pepper? thats totally unprofessional as i agree with dhb on that .. u should have reported the vrs opr.. oh well.. next time keep that in mind, ok.. smile!

dang thats wrong of the vrs to ask u hey u like pepper? thats totally unprofessional as i agree with dhb on that .. u should have reported the vrs opr.. oh well.. next time keep that in mind, ok.. smile!

Freaky Cat Yes, I know It was out of blue very.... weird! and I also will keep in my mind for next time.

Last night it was pretty surprised and kinda of like "out of blue" I was call on vrs to call to my sister the vrs is a male..... I have my nickname on my VP ID you know what I mean? anyway THAT guy last night after I left my sister's voice message and the vrs guy said " Hey do you like pepper?" I was like..... "what? what are you talking about? and he said " Do you like pepper?" I was totally lost! I asked him "Why did u asked me?" he said because of my Id said " spicy" I went like scoffs ..... told him "no, it is not that it mean that I am "sexy" a friend gave it to me a nickname" I was like in my mind "what is the.... "F" he think!?" so I said "good-bye"

I never HEARD anone said things like that to ne on VRS but THAT GUY!? I had to laugh about that in my mind WOW he is so gut to ask me like that..... ?? Anyway thought I'd tell you about this... it is very weird huh? :)
:jaw:

I think his asking you that question was a little unprofessional, but I wouldn't have called in to complain. Good grief, we have enough people complaining about everything! Kinda reminds me of a car in front of me tonight going onto the interstate, where the minimum speed is and the driver wasn't even doing 30 mph. She called in to my employer saying that I tried to "force her off the road, highbeaming her . . . " well, ah, yeah, duh. Yes, I was highbeaming and gunned my accelerator around her, as she kept up with my speed. Whatever. :roll: On the write up slip I said it's okay if driver (her) wanted to commit suicide in front of someone else, not me. Interstate speed has to be adhered to when entering, otherwise people behind you get hit from vehicles already on freeway and cause an accident.

However, getting back to topic . . . if you had stayed on the phone and had said anything about being depressed, out of your mind or suicidal, then the interpreter has every right to stay on and talk with you.

I have to agree with Reba's expression. That is very unprofessional. I probably would have not filed a complaint right off, but if it happened again with that specific operator I would have filed a complaint and said this operator has a consistently unprofessional conduct. Oh yeah - document it in case it does it out of control.

I have to agree with Reba's expression. That is very unprofessional. I probably would have not filed a complaint right off, but if it happened again with that specific operator I would have filed a complaint and said this operator has a consistently unprofessional conduct. Oh yeah - document it in case it does it out of control.

Yes, Dixie I know like I told before that next time as if the VRS interpreter is not professional then I will have the PEN and PAPPER ready to put it down. :)

Most TTY Relay operators and VRS interpreters that I've dealt with as a hearing person are fine. I did catch one TTY Relay operator yawning out loud while she was reading the Deaf person's message. :)

I had one relay operator tell me that the recipient of my call was acting like he/she was pissed off due to a relay call. I think that's okay to say, as I didn't conduct anymore business with that company I was calling anyway, due to their attitude.

Most TTY Relay operators and VRS interpreters that I've dealt with as a hearing person are fine. I did catch one TTY Relay operator yawning out loud while she was reading the Deaf person's message. :)

Really you did???

Back