I take the EIPA Saturday!

BLeGal2

Reaction score
AHHHH. Very nervous and excited! I have the EIPA test on Saturday--this is the first time I will have ever taken it, so I am mainly going for the experience, besides then I will know the test better for the next time. I got to make sure to keep myself calm and just relax while taking it. Whew!

wish me luck! I want it to be Saturday already so it can be over!:D

Wirelessly posted

Gives us feedback what you think. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Well it was very bizarre, but now that I have taken it, I know what to expect for the next time. Definitely a great experience! I can't wait for the feedback now so I can work on my mistakes and take it again.

Wirelessly posted

BLeGal2 said:
Well it was very bizarre, but now that I have taken it, I know what to expect for the next time. Definitely a great experience! I can't wait for the feedback now so I can work on my mistakes and take it again.

What was bizzare about it? I am sure you did fine.

Wirelessly posted

Just the fact that is nothing like actually interpreting is what was bizzare. In real life,since it is with a video tap and a video camera, you can stop the speaker if they were unclear, or are speaking too fast, or to slow etc, with the video you either catch it or you don't. Besides it is hard to interpret to the camera since it doesn't respond back. All the deaf people I have ever signed with respond facially, or with gestures, so it was weird to ask the video camera if it understood, etc. It was just weird. But now I know exactly what to expect. I'm sure I will have to take it again since I have not been interpreting long at all, and really I took it so that I would know what was on it, and how everything was set up. it was a great experience though. I can't wait for the feed back :)

What does not kill you, makes you stronger.
You have the right idea that Saturday is not your last day on earth, so enjoy it and know all of us will be pulling for you this time and next time (as they say in sports...if necessary!)

What does not kill you, makes you stronger.
You have the right idea that Saturday is not your last day on earth, so enjoy it and know all of us will be pulling for you this time and next time (as they say in sports...if necessary!)

thx!

Wirelessly posted

BLeGal2 said:
Wirelessly posted

Just the fact that is nothing like actually interpreting is what was bizzare. In real life,since it is with a video tap and a video camera, you can stop the speaker if they were unclear, or are speaking too fast, or to slow etc, with the video you either catch it or you don't. Besides it is hard to interpret to the camera since it doesn't respond back. All the deaf people I have ever signed with respond facially, or with gestures, so it was weird to ask the video camera if it understood, etc. It was just weird. But now I know exactly what to expect. I'm sure I will have to take it again since I have not been interpreting long at all, and really I took it so that I would know what was on it, and how everything was set up. it was a great experience though. I can't wait for the feed back :)

Yes, I know exactly what you mean by signing to a cam and not a real person. Its pretty how the NIC performance is set up. I did practice with a few interpreters in front of a camera at a college lab. I am currently, putting the NIC exam hold for now. I am not good test taker, get the test anxiety even when I know the right answer and will somehow mark the wrong one.
I hope you did well and get good feedback. Well wishes to you!

Wirelessly posted

Yes, I know exactly what you mean by signing to a cam and not a real person. Its pretty how the NIC performance is set up. I did practice with a few interpreters in front of a camera at a college lab. I am currently, putting the NIC exam hold for now. I am not good test taker, get the test anxiety even when I know the right answer and will somehow mark the wrong one.
I hope you did well and get good feedback. Well wishes to you!

I get test anxiety too. When i was in HS I was so worried about an AP test I had that I got a bloody nose the moment it was handed out. Test anxiety is one of the reasons I decided it would be good to take the EIPA so I can relax the next time around. Whew the NIC. SCARY! I think once I get a 4.0 and have been working for a while, then I will try the NIC. The whole Pass or Fail thing scares me.
Thank you very much. :)

Back