I start my ASL class tonight!

Hollykins1

Reaction score
:wave: I'm excited as I start my ASL class tonight!

I've been studying through the computer sites (found in the sticky posts), through books and DVD's, as well as practice with MaryLou4. This will be in-person with a deaf instructor.

Good Luck!!! I wish I could be in another class, but I will have to wait until either Sept or Oct.

My signing is becoming lost due to not practicing enough. Family is not interested, had no computer for a week and then I have not answered my Skype or P3 when someone calls due to not feeling too well. I am bound and determined to start practicing again.

WooHoo!! Best of luck in your class! I'm sure you'll love it... nothing beats in-person learning. :) I just finished my class (ACED my Final! Yay!!) and can not wait until Sept to start my next class.

It went very well! Wow, it's a fast moving class. I'd studied hard for a month before going and it seemed that just about all I'd learned in that one month was covered in that one class!

But that's good, this will definitely challenge me. I like the teacher, he seems very patient as well as wanting to make sure everyone is getting it.

There are 15 students, though I suspect one woman will end up dropping out. She was overwhelmed by the amount of information. I gave her my email address and asked her to contact me and I'd give her the links to some of the online sites that have the vocabulary videos.

I like being able to actually see the signs in-person much better, but I will still use the online sites for reinforcement. Also, whenever my work schedule permits, I'm going to go to the Deaf meets that happen every other Friday in Orlando. I went to the last one and I learned so much in that one evening AND had a great time.

I also just found out about an annual Silent Weekend in Orlando in June. I won't be able to go this year, but my goal is to go next year.

PS to KristinaB I just sent you a message about the Silent Weekend in case it would be something you could do.

Last edited:
It went very well! Wow, it's a fast moving class. I'd studied hard for a month before going and it seemed that just about all I'd learned in that one month was covered in that one class!

But that's good, this will definitely challenge me. I like the teacher, he seems very patient as well as wanting to make sure everyone is getting it.

There are 15 students, though I suspect one woman will end up dropping out. She was overwhelmed by the amount of information. I gave her my email address and asked her to contact me and I'd give her the links to some of the online sites that have the vocabulary videos.

I like being able to actually see the signs in-person much better, but I will still use the online sites for reinforcement. Also, whenever my work schedule permits, I'm going to go to the Deaf meets that happen every other Friday in Orlando. I went to the last one and I learned so much in that one evening AND had a great time.

I also just found out about an annual Silent Weekend in Orlando in June. I won't be able to go this year, but my goal is to go next year.

PS to KristinaB I just sent you a message about the Silent Weekend in case it would be something you could do.

Answered your message. Can't go - family issues. would love to. I miss out on too much. We may be moving again to Vero Beach. Have to wait and see.

So glad your class went well. :) You have a good size class... my class was 12 students and that was great! Also, try hard to go to those Deaf meets! I go to a Deaf club once a month (just went last night) and it is great! You learn so much when you're in a situation where you HAVE to sign. ;)

Back