I saw the space shuttle today

Mimsy

Reaction score
The space shuttle Enterprise was on a barge going up the harbor to pier 88 to be placed on top of the Intrepid . I knew it would be happening today but then I forgot and went shopping with my mom. Then we heard on the car radio that it would be going under the bridge in 12 minutes. Well, we sped over to the harbor just in time to see it. There were hundreds of people there watching. It was so close to us, we could see the writing ENTERPRISE on it's side. Even the cops pulled over to take pictures. I only had my cell phone camera which takes crappy pics, but the one someone sent me is exactly what we saw. It was my dream come true.

CBImages

That's awesome. I passed through that section (Near the Intrepid) of the city when I went down to Jersey. I love driving through it.

That's awesome. I passed through that section (Near the Intrepid) of the city when I went down to Jersey. I love driving through it.

Just imagine, next time you pass down ther, you'll SEE the Enterprise on top of the Intrepid. It's pier 88 on 53rd Street on the West Side by the water.

Just imagine, next time you pass down ther, you'll SEE the Enterprise on top of the Intrepid. It's pier 88 on 53rd Street on the West Side by the water.

Might have to take a day to go down and visit it! Make a day out of it.

yah , do go!, it would be fantastic to see what it is. in life is quite different from watching it on TV...
thanks for sharing the pics, its really cool

I heartily recommend the Intrepid museum, it's excellent. Make sure you go and visit the USS Growler (submarine) at the same site, and practice throwing yourself through doors feet first.

LOL, fucken great name, Growler, that reminds me of pussy....
now do they have a sub called USS Pussy?

Back