I Rocked The House!

Defmusicman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I rocked the house at the 7th Annual Music Masters Guitar Recital this past Monday night. I was on bass guitar along with a professional band on drums, keyboard and guitar. We played Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" and it was a blast! I wish you guys could have been there. I'm already looking forward to the next performance. I don't know yet what I will play at the next one but it's going to be rocking again. Not bad for a hearing impaired guitar player, huh? Tell us about your performances if u have had one.

Ernest

Hey guys,

I rocked the house at the 7th Annual Music Masters Guitar Recital this past Monday night. I was on bass guitar along with a professional band on drums, keyboard and guitar. We played Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" and it was a blast! I wish you guys could have been there. I'm already looking forward to the next performance. I don't know yet what I will play at the next one but it's going to be rocking again. Not bad for a hearing impaired guitar player, huh? Tell us about your performances if u have had one.

Ernest

:dance: Wastin away again in Margaritaville........looking for my lost shaker of salt............... WoooooooooooHoooooooooooooo!!!!!

Here's a picture for you guys if you wanna know what I look like. Enjoy and HNY to all of you.

Ernest

Attachments

• HPIM1744.jpg
    HPIM1744.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 20
Awesome, Ernie! You look good on the stage with ur guitar. Looks like u had fun...rock on bro!! If you ever plan to play in your band near Oklahoma, let me know:)

Niiiicceeee. Glad to hear that deaf pp are proving to the world we ain't deaf and dumb.

Wow ... Pls post that when and where next performance ;):):)

Congratulate!

Peace!

Congrats!!! :cheers: for showing that deaf people can do just about anything.

Do u play locally or do you travel doing performances?

Wtg, that's super cool and keep rockin' on-- :thumb:

Thanks for sharing this with AD'ers. ;)

Having a blast and a great time is good and hopefully your next outing will be just as great!

~RR

That is too cool, Deafmusicman! So, you're a bass player, huh? Got a funky thumb?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I appreciate it. Funny thing about that performance was that I had several deaf family members with me in the theatre before the show started and we were talking (signing) and having a great time. Then I see the puzzled looks of the audience members when I got up on stage to play. They were like "Huh? How does he do that? He's supposed to be deaf". But the reception that I received afterwards was awesome! That's what I live for.....the applause. I have no shame :giggle:

Shel, I only perform locally right now and hopefully can put together a band and start touring one day. That's my biggest dream.

Jillio, I play both bass and 6-string guitars but mostly bass lately. Still developing my chops. None of that funky stuff for me. Just old school rock and roll.

I will let you guys know when the next performance is. Sure would be nice to see some of you in the audience. I'll try to post the video if I can figure out how to do it.

And I forgot my lighter. Can we hear some Freebird? :rockon:

That'll be definitely cool if he is able to play it--Freebird rocks my boat!! :rockon:

(btw: flicks a lighter as well--)

~RR

Sure thing guys! I'd be happy to play Freebird for you when I get a band put together. That would be a blast!! Looking forward to it.

Rock on, dudes.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I appreciate it. Funny thing about that performance was that I had several deaf family members with me in the theatre before the show started and we were talking (signing) and having a great time. Then I see the puzzled looks of the audience members when I got up on stage to play. They were like "Huh? How does he do that? He's supposed to be deaf". But the reception that I received afterwards was awesome! That's what I live for.....the applause. I have no shame :giggle:

Shel, I only perform locally right now and hopefully can put together a band and start touring one day. That's my biggest dream.

Jillio, I play both bass and 6-string guitars but mostly bass lately. Still developing my chops. None of that funky stuff for me. Just old school rock and roll.

I will let you guys know when the next performance is. Sure would be nice to see some of you in the audience. I'll try to post the video if I can figure out how to do it.

Let me know if u set up a performance in MD. I will spread the word within the Deaf community and also tell several hearing peeps too. :) Would love to see u play.

Nothing wrong with walking the dog, either! I'm just a big fan of James Jamison's old bass lines.

Let me know if u set up a performance in MD. I will spread the word within the Deaf community and also tell several hearing peeps too. :) Would love to see u play.

Thanks. It may be a while yet but it's something that I look forward to. Playing in the MD/D.C. area would be a blast as I am a former Gally student so it would be almost like a homecoming to me. I'd also love to one day teach music to deaf kids. That would be so much fun.

BTW, I saw your pic in the "Pictures of Me" thread. I think your husband is a very lucky man. Take care.

Nothing wrong with walking the dog, either! I'm just a big fan of James Jamison's old bass lines.

I like James Jamerson, too. He's one of the best ever to strap on a bass guitar. I've read a lot about him and other famous bassists like Stanley Clarke. Truth to tell, I like almost anything that sounds good except rap. I try to study the great players and learn a little of each discipline in order to broaden my foundation but my heart lies with classic rock and the stuff that I grew up with. Some people call it "long-hair white boy music" but to me it's simply rock n' roll. I also love classical music and listening to it really does relax me. There's so much good stuff out there it may not be possible to listen to it all in one lifetime. But we can try, huh?

I like James Jamerson, too. He's one of the best ever to strap on a bass guitar. I've read a lot about him and other famous bassists like Stanley Clarke. Truth to tell, I like almost anything that sounds good except rap. I try to study the great players and learn a little of each discipline in order to broaden my foundation but my heart lies with classic rock and the stuff that I grew up with. Some people call it "long-hair white boy music" but to me it's simply rock n' roll. I also love classical music and listening to it really does relax me. There's so much good stuff out there it may not be possible to listen to it all in one lifetime. But we can try, huh?

I'm pretty ecclectic in my tastes. I listen to everything from old standards to classical to old rock and roll, to the blues and some jazz. I absolutley love a good bass riff! Flea from the Chili Peppers is bad, too.

Nothing wrong to listening to a good palyer no matter what the genre. Take what you need and leave the rest!:giggle:

Back