I passed!!!

Congratulations! :thumb:

I'm not happy because Katie(one of ma friends at college) said the college is really disappointed in us cos the highest anybody got in the exam was a D and theyr thinkin of making us all do resits

Really? :shock: THat's crazy... please do as Bebonang said and keep us posted! This is so unfair... There has to be a good reason behind it for them to make you resit...

Jamie

When my mum rang up for my result my personal tutor answered the phone and she told my mum she was pleased... so I dont understand why another person said we may have to retake it. I guess they expect better scores from us! I will be finding out on monday. Fingers crossed

Really? :shock: THat's crazy... please do as Bebonang said and keep us posted! This is so unfair... There has to be a good reason behind it for them to make you resit...

Jamie

Yep, I agree with Jamie.... Hope that you still pass it! Good Luck!!!!!

Congratulations!!! That's great news :D

What?!!!! You mean to tell us that the college does not believe that you can pass the test because of a grade like D? That is discrimination and you should deserve to get the passing of the orginial exam test once, not twice. Why in the world would the college want you and others to do the resits again? That is not right and I am not happy either, too. Go to your college counselor and ask about the rumor of a Childcare and Education Exam test for having to resit another exam test again. If the college counselor learn it is not true, then you are safe, but if it it true that you have to start over again. Ugh! This is terrible. I am sorry, Deafteen 90. :(

Well, I may be flamed for saying this, but in my opinion, anything below a B would not be acceptable for me if they're going to be taking care of children and educating them (Childcare and Education). In fact, if I was the boss of a childcare place or principal or headmaster of a school, I would NOT hire anybody who I knew received below a B on their exam (I know, I know, I probably wouldn't know as test scores are typically not revealed to potential employers, though, right?). Just the thought of someone actually passing with a D and then being hired to care for and to educate children is disturbing. I would be so concerned about the safety and education of all the children in their care. Quality of care matters a lot to me. If all this is true, I hope the college does go ahead and make all the students do retests to weed out the ones that are NOT qualified to be around and educating children for the safety and the education of the children. I would most certainly NOT want a child of mine in the care of someone who received below a B on their Childcare and Education exam. Sorry, but that is just my honest opinion. Sorry, Deafteen90, and best of luck on your retest.

The childcare places wont get to know our grades.
Actually at the most of the places I am at I am actually more qualified than them.

hmm ok

a1iqso.gif

Deafteen90, I apologize if my posts sound rude, but I am only stating my honest opinion. I do, of course, wish you the best of luck if you have to take a retest.

Lucia, I can see from your POV why you saying that, it is true but its not the way we work here, we just need to pass the course to become a qualified child care worker, at least we've passed, a lot of people i know are under qualified who do actually work in the child care setting. Some people like myself do not test well but we do have the great knowledge from college, we have been taught a loads of things over the last 2 years.

Good News, I dont have to retake it!!
My tutor said the A,B, C grades are mainly aimed at students who want to go to university which i do not, when I start working I will be qualified and very capable, but my exam score doesnt reflect this as i do soo terrible in examinations

Back