i need your input/feedback/suggestions! :(

FeistyChick

Reaction score
i need help! :(

i am doing an early spring cleaning! :D
(cuz i am suffering from CABIN FEVER! :tears: and feel so cooped up in here due to the snow out there!) :ugh:

and want to get rid of a lot of things... and came upon a few precious moments statues/figurines... a close friend suggested to give them away??? :ugh:

do you guys keep them or sell/give them away?

please let me know because for some reason i feel obligated to keep them even though i DETEST having my place in a clutter/ or being pack rats!!! :thumbd:

My suggestion : If, you have any children - give your stuff to them to remember you. Or if, you have any nieces/nephews - give them your stuff as well. :)

Sometimes, some stuff will never be made again in the near future - and, some of them might be value. Just in case, you might never know. :)

Craiglist is one option...Ebay is other one. Or donate them to someone special? Or ask around here on AD and see if they want it?

Good luck!

I have toooo much stuff too so I need to go thru them and get rid of them. Mostly probably go trash or donate to Goodwill.

Number one.... Ask around your family or relatives and to see if they are interested some of your stuff....

Number two... When you're done ask around your family or relatives then Garage Sale and to earn your money some of it...

Number three... E-bay or goes to donation center, whoever poverty who need it some of things.. would be great appercatied!

JUST LIKE THAT (gulps) ??? :shock:

no offense, but please don't mind me asking, but are you a MAN? :D

Neither.

I think using Craiglists is much easier than Ebay. Less interface yes but easier to post and describe what you re selling. And you ll get more answers from craiglist as long if you re in local area. No one like to risk sending/getting mail without scamming.

Or u can always give them to your children or needy people.

Best to think if there some sentimental value to the things ya need to move.. I have been dealing with some stuff and there some items that I am not really interested in parting with... some I could give to my nephews and nieces for them to remember their baba and gido (grandmother and grandfather in Ukrainian terms) and some of the items I am keeping so I can remember my parents... if ya are in dire fianinical problems, might be wise to see how much these items might bring ya and then ya can decide whether to sell or not... I am in this situation right now and jobless as we speak.. but I am hoping to land a job that I can have for good income and more.. and some of the equipment here on the farm I will have to have auctioned off and I am sure this farm will also be auctioned off as well.. wont know more till I chat with my brothers and their families this weekend...

Here's a suggested, precious moments are cute figurines if you don't want to let go of them. If you garden , might want to put those figures inside a plant if they are the small figurines. If they are larger might want to put them in the garden for decoration.

I am sure you can get creative, put the small figurines inside a glass case.

If you don't want them at all , I suggest charity or profit them on Ebay.

I don't know either you can do with crafts, restore old things or whatever...

I would like to share mine...

I often recycle or refurbish the old stuffs to give friends/relatives as gift... some is impossible then sell them to ebay to make profit myself or donate things...

I often found old stuff from attitic and hobby room to recycle or refurbish myself... It's my hobby...

i tend to donate some items that i would wanna get rid of -- same applies to clothing items i either donate or give them to other ppl who might want them

Craigslist seems to be a pretty good site from what ive been seeing as of late

thanks guys!!! for all your feedback/suggestions!!! :)

i think ill try to sell them to see what happens (my family doesn't want anymore gadgets... since they are always trying to keep their places clutterfree--- i don't blame them!!! :lol: ... a close friend of mine got rid of hers... so i guess that helped with my decision :D

i tend to donate some items that i would wanna get rid of -- same applies to clothing items i either donate or give them to other ppl who might want them

Craigslist seems to be a pretty good site from what ive been seeing as of late

i second that!! i have gotten few things through craigs list and sold items too... and also we found our apt through them as well...

Seriously? :eek2: you're thinking of giving away few of your precious moments statues/figurines?? I don't know about many people here but for myself, precious moments are collections, I won't and refused to give away any of my precious moments firgurines or statues, I have a lot of them inculding angels, and they're my babies!!!....

Some people collect a lot of stuff they like, such as cars, toys that were made back in the 50s to 80s, cause they know in hundred of years or so, it would be worth so much more than what we brought it for, I'm saving all my collections and pass it on to my family when I'm gone, and hope they will do the same by passing it along in the family, and one day , it would be worth a million or so...Who knows ...

If I were you, I would keep them!...Ya never know what it may be worth later on in years....Alot of people always look for something old, that were made years ago....I'm one of these people, I love old stuff, and love old collections....I'm not a junkie person but I always find old stuff so interesting, there was this cabinet on ebay that was made in 1930's but they are asking soo much money for it, I can't bearly afford it, but it would be nice to have something in my house that were made years ago....

Last edited:
Feisty, I feel for ya! Ur torn between wanting to get rid of clutter and the emotional attachment of those figurines. Tell ya what.....why not put them all in that room down the hall here at AD...the room's between the ficus plant in the hallway and Alex's sound-proof guitar-playing room. This way, when you get all sentimental for those figurines, you can spend a Saurday afternoon with them here......:fingersx:

I hope it wasn't me that stopped this thread, FC you can do whatever you want with your things, I just spoke how I felt if it were me being in your situation, it's your things, do whatever you feel is right...smile

I hope it wasn't me that stopped this thread, FC you can do whatever you want with your things, I just spoke how I felt if it were me being in your situation, it's your things, do whatever you feel is right...smile

kindly refer to post #13 :ty:

ofc- you were just expressing your opinion.. and no you didn't stop this thread - so dotcha worry girl! :)

Back