I need you!

Misterandme

Reaction score
I am here on alldeaf to meet and talk to deaf people. I am looking to learn ASL and get into a career working with deaf children, I myself am not deaf but I have a profound love for people that can not hear. I want to make friends and get to know about you and your lifestyle :) I am not here to offend anyone just to have fun and learn.

I am here on alldeaf to meet and talk to deaf people. I am looking to learn ASL and get into a career working with deaf children, I myself am not deaf but I have a profound love for people that can not hear. I want to make friends and get to know about you and your lifestyle :) I am not here to offend anyone just to have fun and learn.

Hello! What led you to your love of the non hearing segment of the population? :)

Why do initial posts like this always come across as perverted like the person is attracted to a group because of their disability. Such as we have often discussed with deaf fetishists etc. and Hearing dating Deaf ....

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

soutthpaw said:
Why do initial posts like this always come across as perverted like the person is attracted to a group because of their disability. Such as we have often discussed with deaf fetishists etc. and Hearing dating Deaf ....

Not sure.

One thing that struck me is that while I totally identify as someone who's Hoh/Deaf, I very rarely if ever think of myself as someone "who can not hear".

Being Hoh/Deaf is so much more about what I CAN do, rather than what I "can not".

I wonder if hearing people think the Deaf or hoh are "bad words"?

Bold statement I hope you are not going to change the deaf child to be like the hearing person. You can not make the deaf child hear like perfect hearing with CIs. :roll: That is good that you can learn about our deafness and Deaf Culture and ASL or Sign Language. Just read all the posts here on forums that we talked about seriously. Many other hearing people don't agree with us as they want the deaf child to learn to hear like listen to the words and not lipread. Ugh. Mean parents. All you need to do is use ASL to be able for the deaf child to understand you perfectly. Not the oral way method. USE ASL, PLEASE! This is our primary language for ASL or Sign Language. Don't force us to be oral way. Geeze. :ty:

Did deaf fetish start just now? I'm not happy that I didn't have a steady girlfriend until I was 31!! I'm 35. I must have been looking in all wrong places until then.

Back