I need to rant about my job

i dont think she got contract

If their checks are bouncing, you are not getting paid. No difference. Don't give them any more hours unless they can pay you. Your time and energy is better spent looking for a new job/being happy than doing work you aren't getting paid for.

Are you able to make it on the pay they actually ARE giving you? I keep coming back to this thread hoping for good news but the mother of the kid sounds like a nutcase. If things deteriorate any more...eek! You really are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hate that feeling.

I do not have a contract.

I am making it--barely. I live with my parents which helps. I spend $260 per month on bills, and $140 on gas each month, leaving me with around $120 for my pets and other things I need/want.
When I start the other job in hopefully 6 months or less, I will be making at least double what I am making now. I need steady money (what little it is) which is why I try and suck it up and deal with it.

I am making it--barely. I live with my parents which helps. I spend $260 per month on bills, and $140 on gas each month, leaving me with around $120 for my pets and other things I need/want.
When I start the other job in hopefully 6 months or less, I will be making at least double what I am making now. I need steady money (what little it is) which is why I try and suck it up and deal with it.

So you would quit right at the moment. No need for a 2 week notice. Leave the family dry just like they did with the bounced check.

No contract? Your skating on thin ice, seriously. No contract, they can screw you whatever they please and your pretty much left unprotected. Give them two choices, Contract agreement or your terminate business relationship with them. That is for your protection, the risk there is not worth taking.

Just think about this, if they decide after knowing oweing you too much, you got nothing but cheap mouth in the court room in event you wish to sue them. Talk means nothing to judge and that is fact. Even worse, if your got injury your pretty much SOL.

If I were you, I would have to get rid of two or three dogs. I know you refuse to do that because it will break your heart. I forgot to ask you about your fiance. Does he work? Still not enough?

Are you sure that there are no other jobs available for you currently? To tell you the truth, I always think that deaf people have hard times to find a job because they are deaf but you are hearing which means you can work as a waitress, hostess, secretary, cashier and other positions that deaf people can't perform.

BTW, hopefully they paid you after you told them about the bad check if you already have. So if there's no other jobs available yet, I understand that you are stuck with it for a while.

OP isn't going to do anything about it but bear through it until her next job because she needs the money, even if it's little. It's better than nothing. All we can do is sympathize with her situation and hope she survives until the end.

Good luck and I hope your next job comes through and makes you happier. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I afford my animals just fine. 2 of my dogs are family dogs and my parents pay for them. One of the German shepherds is my fiance's and he pays for her.
My fiancé does work but he doesn't make a whole lot. He does make more than me tho.

Before this job I was actively searching for 2 years. I only worked for 3 months in that time period and it was for the quadriplegic who I am going back to work for. I applied for retail, child care, senior and special needs care. No luck.
I've only ever worked in child care and special needs care and that is where all of my references come from. I grew up in IL and had no problems with finding work. I started working at 16 at a daycare and was there until I was 21 when I moved to Arkansas. I also worked summer camps, I nannied, and I babysat on the side. Since moving here I had 1 nanny job (it was an amazing job. I got paid $360 per week, I got free chiropractic care and free massages--the mom was a chiropractor. She also gave my family free chiropractic care), and I worked for the quadriplegic. There was a period where I was ordered by my psychiatrist to not work since I was having some major issues with depression and OCD and I was trying out new meds.
One disadvantage I have when it comes to work is that I have 2 very visible tattoos (gotta love being young and stupid).

After I told them about the bad check they paid me in cash. There has only been one other time when there has been an issue with a check and that was a few months ago when they accidentally wrote me a voided check.

I am going to stick with it until the other job comes through. I will give them 2 weeks notice, not to benefit the mom but because I owe it to the dad and the little boy. The dad treats me well and I know he disagrees with things his wife does as it relates to my employment.

Back