I need to lose weight

darkangel8603

Reaction score
I am seeing a weight management doctor, and have started on a diet, right now I am on a 2000 calories a day, with 250g of carbs, 60g of fat, and more than 120 g of proteins.

I think I have lost a bit of weight, i can tell in my pants, but I don't go for my first weigh in for awhile, I was suppose to go last week, but my mom had an conflict schedule, (we go together because she is on a diet too and we both see the same dr)

I am just writing this post, to keep track and perhaps maybe get some supports from other people on the same journey.

I can't wait til I am at least 130lbs.

May 14 2008
287lbs (I know i am fat)
BMI 47.6

Right now the dr has set up a goal of 10% loss, so he wants me to go to 257lbs, then will set another goal and so on til my bmi is down to under 25 (the normal classification) :doh:

Wish me Luck.

Good luck on your weight loss adventure, Darkangel. :)

The whole trick is speeding up the metabolism, but not too much and you're allowed to cheat now and then but still have to be very strict on yourself. (im dieting too but for a completely different reason - to gain weight), oh your doctor might have already told you, it pays to do some excercise, low impact for starters and walking is one of the BEST thing to do, and do it in short periods but often - like everday or every two days to start of with not once or twice a week, waste of time. Best of luck cheers

Good luck! I just lost maybe about 25 lbs since Dec. Instead of eating a light breakfast and heavy dinners, I did the reverse cuz at night, with heavy dinners, I dont move around as much as I would after breakfast. It is working and lately I have been so busy, I have been forgetting to eat dinner. Not good but it showed that I am not so hungry at nights but more hungry in the mornings when before I was never hungry in the mornings but always hungry at nights. Lunch is the same as usual. Also, my exercise is just walking the dog as much as I can after work. Due to being so busy, I havent been doing that. Maybe try that (not the skipping dinner part)?

I hope to get back to walking the dog and adding light weightlifing to it.

good lucky.. i already lose mine 17lbs from 362 to 345 now.. i still work on it.. so eat 6 small foods a day.. it help and drink water lot.. i havent drink soda since 3 weeks now.. whew.. it hardo n me but now i dont.. smiles..

Good luck with your weight loss goal. I joined a gym about a month ago that also includes child care (that was my biggest obstacle - getting a sitter to watch my kids). I'm ADDICTED to the gym now...LOVE it. I'm now starting to lose my pregnancy weight and feeling more energized. So the trick is finding something you enjoy doing and go for it.

Good luck with your weight loss goal. I joined a gym about a month ago that also includes child care (that was my biggest obstacle - getting a sitter to watch my kids). I'm ADDICTED to the gym now...LOVE it. I'm now starting to lose my pregnancy weight and feeling more energized. So the trick is finding something you enjoy doing and go for it.

Used to be a member of Lifetime Fitness. GREAT gym..I miss it. :(

I am glad u are feeling better and losing the weight. Keep it up!

Yah the doctor got me eating 6 small meals a day,
it goes like this
250 calories for breakfast
150 caloires for snack
600 calories for lunch
150 calories for snack
700 calories for dinner
150 calories for snack

so far it seems to be working abit, but its frustrating and tiring measuring and stuff for the different foods but i have to keep at it.

that is the schedule but i change it around a bit because i am a late riser, so usually when i wake up its breakfast, then snack, then snack again, then dinner, then lunch, but this week i had been getting up a bit earlier than usual, so it kinda changed again lol. just as long as i have 2000 or lessc alories a day.

one of you say about wii fit, i have wii system, and i love it, i want to get those wii fit game, they just came out here like a week ago, but now i got to save some money to buy them lol.

250 calories for breakfast
150 caloires for snack
600 calories for lunch
150 calories for snack
700 calories for dinner
150 calories for snack

lol,

its called, breakfast, brunch, lunch linner,dinner and snack

yes it's hard, im found im not used to being on 6 meals a day where i was on 1 or 2 a day (bad i know) 6 small meals than 2-3 big ones

That is what your doctor exaclty intends, to speed up your metabolism.
Think of it like this; your stomuch is a furace, throwing in small kindlings creates brighter flames quicker and it is used up more quickly. In the leiu of instead of dumping large chunks (or logs) that take considerably more time before it actually start burn, and as burning away big chunks takes much longer, it also leave more ashes which can be like more fats left on the body.
Throwing in kindlings intermittingly means you are controlling the burning and heat. as opposed to leaving it to 'nature' for the logs to be inciderated.

I too found it hard to adjust, especially to new grocoery shopping list, found some items to be expensive but turned out it doesnt have to be, like for all the junk food I deleted out of the 'to buy' list, the costs is replaced by those 'seemingly' more expensive healthy choices...so it even out.
I just didnt go mad buying Everything, just did it gradually so I got used to getting those as well eating it

Cheers

Last edited:
my mom did LA Weightloss and shes lost 112 pounds! It's pretty much all about portions and salt intake and fat intake

darkangel

Ice cold water helps burns the fat...stay away from sugary products and fats, eats lots of fruits and vegetables & salads, lean meat if you gotta eat that too, have 3 ounces of meat...I've done that and it works!

I am seeing a weight management doctor, and have started on a diet, right now I am on a 2000 calories a day, with 250g of carbs, 60g of fat, and more than 120 g of proteins.

I think I have lost a bit of weight, i can tell in my pants, but I don't go for my first weigh in for awhile, I was suppose to go last week, but my mom had an conflict schedule, (we go together because she is on a diet too and we both see the same dr)

I am just writing this post, to keep track and perhaps maybe get some supports from other people on the same journey.

I can't wait til I am at least 130lbs.

May 14 2008
287lbs (I know i am fat)
BMI 47.6

Right now the dr has set up a goal of 10% loss, so he wants me to go to 257lbs, then will set another goal and so on til my bmi is down to under 25 (the normal classification) :doh:

Wish me Luck.

Ice cold water helps burns the fat...stay away from sugary products and fats, eats lots of fruits and vegetables & salads, lean meat if you gotta eat that too, have 3 ounces of meat...I've done that and it works!

Yes, that's right but we do need to limit our body between 30g and 60g fat a day.

Mainly important is drink plenty of liquid like water and herbal teas without sugar and milk... , water with piece of lemon juice and plenty of execrise.

Plenty of protein and low fat between 30g and 60g fat a day.

Best recommendation to eat plenty of protein in evenings because it burn fat during sleep.

Wish you best of good luck

good luck for lose weigh only have breakfast bit snack then lunch then snack then dinner and snack no cake and biscuit small food not big food ... smile ...

Back