I need ideas..

AjSaylor

Reaction score
It's almost summer. Yay! But I'll miss ASL, and probably forget A LOT. Boo! I was wondering if anyone was from the CT area or knows where I could go to stay around ASL. Anyone not around CT know of any programs/videos to use? I looked for Rosetta Stone ASL...they didn't have it. :( Pretty much I page threw YouTube videos trying to figure out signs I know . Any one know what can help me not forget ASL over the summer? Staring @ the book wont do any good.

PS. I also need a reference for classifier if anyone could help, Final May 12.

email or call rosetta stone about making some ASL software. considering how many languages they teach, it's shameful that they ignore it.

Look for Deaf camps as they are always looking for camp counselors.

Not only you would still be using ASL but it would give you exposure to different regional signs, etc.

sign ASL everyday at the mirror to talk yourself (thats what my hearing friend did it himself to see if its helps).

Yes, Signing in front of the mirror helps to remember the ASL. Also I might add that you can practice on your signing from the television. Just sign what you know when you see the close caption on TV. I don't think you will not forget if you just go to the Deaf Club or Deaf events. One more thing to add is Deafnewspaper. com. They have ASL or sign language on the news and you can watch them sign. You might be able to pick ASL on them. Just try them all. Hope that help you. Good luck!!! :wiggle:

email or call rosetta stone about making some ASL software. considering how many languages they teach, it's shameful that they ignore it.

I concur. ASL is not available but Pashto is?? I'm showing my obvious ignorance here when I say that Pashto is not an in-demand language. At least not where I come from. Just my h.o.

What the diddly is Pashto anyway? *goes off to Wicki*

Back