I need Help

Weirdo

Reaction score
Does anyone know a sign for vain?

Is "intention" sign like "gut?"

What do you sign for "mend?"

I need to know all these signs cuz I'm going to be signing the song as a project for class. Let me know, Thanks!

Please give the entire sentences. No one can interpret just one word; it is necessary to have the complete context for meaning.

"Intention" can mean "reason" (what was your intention for staying late; he had good intentions), or "plan" (was it your intention to steal the gold; it was not my intention to hurt you).

"Vain" can mean "proud" (the beauty queen was vain), or it can mean "without success" (his efforts were in vain).

"Mend" can be used to repair something by "sewing" (grandma will mend the holes in my socks), or to repair a relationship by "solving" a problem or becoming friends again (after the fight we mended our differences), or to "fix" a fence (the rancher mended the gap in the fence), or "heal" a wound (his broken leg was mending), or to "comfort" a sad heart (after the divorce, her broken heart would not mend).

Well, the song goes like this:

"All the times, that I could beg you please. In vain."

"All the times, I've tried, my intentions."

"I lie, in bed, all alone, I can't mend. But I feel tomorrow will be okay."

I could probably imagine the signs... but it's hard to put in words. I think "intention" is signed like "mean" as in "what do you mean?" As for "mend", I think it's the same as "fix". I'm not sure about "vain" though. Sorry. :dunno:

Its ok, though. It's due next tuesday. I need to practice and I just need to sign right, you know?

Can you tell us the name of the song? Maybe if we can Google it and read the whole thing through, and that way we can help you better.

Weirdo said:
Well, the song goes like this:

"All the times, that I could beg you please. In vain."

"All the times, I've tried, my intentions."

"I lie, in bed, all alone, I can't mend. But I feel tomorrow will be okay."

--...In 'fruitless desperation' or 'without success'

--...my 'reasons' or 'purposes'

--...can't 'heal' or 'correct' or 'repair'

Here's the song lyrics:

And you
bring me to my knees
again
All the times
I had to beg you please
- in vain (Sign without success?)
All the time
that I felt insecure
for you
And I leave my
burdens at the door

Chorus
But I'm on the outside
I'm looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
Cause inside you're ugly
You're ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you

All the times
That I felt
like this won't end
was for you
And I taste what I could
never have
it's from you
All the times
That I've tried,
my intentions (meaning?),
full of pride
But I waste more time
Than anyone

Chorus
But I'm on the outside
I'm looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
Cause inside you're ugly
You're ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you

All the times that
I've cried,
all this wasted,
it's all inside
And I feel all this
pain stuffed it down
It's back again and
I lie here in bed
All alone, I can't mend (fixed)
- but I feel
Tomorrow will be O.K

But I'm on the outside
I'm looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
Cause inside you're ugly
You're ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you

Some words do have signs depending on how it's used in a sentence...others are spelt. I think 'vain' is spelt in that song...but who knows, maybe someone else knows of a sign specifically for that type of song. :dunno:

Roadrunner said:
--...In 'fruitless desperation' or 'without success'

--...my 'reasons' or 'purposes'

--...can't 'heal' or 'correct' or 'repair'

Hey, Weirdo! ;) I think Roadrunner nailed it.

As a general principle, try to avoid spelling anything in a song.

Also, don't try to match words to signs. Try to tell a story with signs, and show the emotion of the song.

Analyze the song for the real meaning. Don't worry about each word/sign, but search for concept of the whole verse.

Reba said:
As a general principle, try to avoid spelling anything in a song.

Also, don't try to match words to signs. Try to tell a story with signs, and show the emotion of the song.

Analyze the song for the real meaning. Don't worry about each word/sign, but search for concept of the whole verse.

Of course, I never spell anything while I sign the songs.

I'm glad to be of help and it's also great to see others helping out as well!...and lastly, I'm glad you finally got what you needed to know! Now...have you been practicing signing the song gracefully yet? If so...then *ahems*..."lights, cameras and action!" :mrgreen:

Yea, I practiced a little last night. I'll be practicing more this weekend. I'm going to do two songs. My mom and sis are coming to see me sign the songs. Even my bf will be there! :D

Weirdo said:
Yea, I practiced a little last night. I'll be practicing more this weekend. I'm going to do two songs. My mom and sis are coming to see me sign the songs. Even my bf will be there! :D
All right!! :thumb:

You can use another sign.

Hi Weriod,
I've known sign language(ASL) for 30 yrs, and you can use the sign emarrased or strange.
As long as you get the point across to your class you'll be fine.
Good luck!
Margie
Dir. Of Commuiation Services
OCDAC

WEIRDO -- RoadRunner has definately nailed it PERFECTLY use his suggestions he posted! :thumb:

IGNORE what Margie "suggested" its a lousy one IMHO :roll:

let us know how it went Weirdo :D

Fly Free said:
WEIRDO -- RoadRunner has definately nailed it PERFECTLY use his suggestions he posted! :thumb:

IGNORE what Margie "suggested" its a lousy one IMHO :roll:

let us know how it went Weirdo :D
Agree.

What does it mean?

...All the times, That I've cried, My intentions, Full of pride... does anyone know what this means? it a line out of the song outside - staind.

Back