I need help with a school project...

tigerhw114

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Heather, and I'm 15 years old. I am in a deaf language class, to learn ASL. We're doing a project, and I need to interview a deaf, or hard of hearing person for part of the project. It's kind of last minute, so I would very much appreciate someone volunteering to be interviewed tonight. Thank you.

Okay, I guess you reply here, I don't really know. I have five questions, actually, is that okay?

do you like being hearing . i'm guessing your answer is yes . lets just say that i never realized what life was realy all about until i lost it all. i do miss some things but would i change things if i could as crazy as it may sound , no , because befor i lost all my hearing i was not happy at all in life . now though things are mooore difficult then ever i'm moore happier with myself then i ever have been .

That's cool. Thank you. Okay, question 3: Are your parents deaf? And question 4: Do you have any other deaf family members? If not, would you want to?

my father had a hole in his right ear ,he was born with it also both of my brothers have holes in their ear drums one the right the other the left but i was the first to go full deaf , i have an uncle who is vary old that is full deaf yes my fathers brother. i have a son 14 when he was born he had hearing problems , he had 3 different opperations on both his hears the last OR he had 3 things done in 1 opperation thank god it help him , he is full hearing. my youngest son he's 7 he was born hard of hearing , he didn't talk one word until he was 4 yrs old , and now he's almost ready for hearing aids, the funny thing is he knows and helps me even learn sign asl , moore then anyone else in my family .. funny how that works out we didn't find out about his hearing problems until after i lost my hearing completely. wierd isn,t it but his a life saver to say the least . so yes there's pleanty of family history with my hearing loss

So, it pretty much runs in your family. Okay, question 5: Are you involved with the Deaf community? And, I would like to know you name, please. You already know mine, it's Heather.

i'm learning alot obout the deaf comm but where i live there's not many deaf people here some but not much and my name is mick aka deafman6975 i like the name deafman6975 it means alot to me .

My school is one of the few schools in my area to offer any kind of deaf programs. And I have many friends who are deaf. Why does the name mean so much to you? The question isn't part of the interview. I'm very grateful you let me interview you, the project is due tomorrow, and I want a good grade. Now I'll have one, thank you soo much.

well somehow through all the computer names and even our xbox names people around me know the name deafman the 6975 well thats the year i was born and the year my wife was born although i have thought about putting 04 on the end of that , because thats when i feel i was reborn so to speak , i lost my hearing completly in 2004 . life has been as if i was reborn and now i,m living life as it should be . i'm not confussed anymoore i know and what i am . i don't exspect anyone to understand hell i don't even care if anyone understands. as long as people understands that i'm a human being and all the deaf and hard of hearing . we,re all human just like the hearing . it's a big world and we can all share it . hope i was some help to you . and i hpoe you get an aaaaaaa ++++++++. :ily: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Ahh, cool. I'm glad you're so comfortable with yourself. I'm hearing, and I'm really glad I took my ASL class, because it has taught me alot of things I would have never even guessed about. I know almost a hundred signs, and I wish to know them all one day. Let people, be people, you know? You were a grate help, you really were. I'm glad we have had the chance to talk. I have to go now, though, I must get off the computer and get ready for bed, being only fifteen. Again, thank you soo much. I hope we talk again someday. 'Till then, bye. :)

Back