I need an idea guys

Jasmine4lakshmi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as some of you already know I am getting married this summer. We have decided on an outdoor wedding at the lake. I have not sent out invitations but I want to do something very unique. What is one cool very different way to send out an invitation that is LAKE themed? An example would be this an invitation in a bottle like this picture, keep in mind 75 invitations (75 stamps).

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Any ideas?

Hmm... good start! If I were to do the same, I would get it commercially done, but making this by hand can be interesting. In this case, I would do the following:

1) Use a small box that resembles a treasure chest or wooden crate, etc. the bottle can fit in.
2) Decorate it by stuffing small amount of easter grass on bottom. On the inside of the opening flap, paste an oval shaped colored foil or glossy greeting briefly stating "You are cordially invited to...". May want a palm tree or 2 to pop up when box is opened.
3) On top of the box, also make a mysterious request to open the box.
4) Dye the bottle blue with varying shades to simulate waves of water.
5) Have the invitation done on heavy paper that can easily be rolled.
6) You may have an old tearing effect done on the edges of the invitation, or lightly burn the edges with a lighter.
7) Roll the invitation, secure with a ribbon, and place in bottle with at least a quarter of it sticking out so it can easily be grasped.
8) Set palm trees for pop up effect (optional), place bottle on grass, and seal box.

Hope this helps! Congratulations on your big day!

I thought this was nice.
AF2303lr.jpg

Oh and I think it be cool to write your names in the sand like this and take a picture you could use it for the picture on your invite or whatever.
dsc04135-web.jpg

I like the sand idea!

About the bottle .. how would people get the invite out of it? Would the glass have to be broken? That would be my only concern.....

It's great you are doing something different than the traditional invites! :)

I made homemade invitation cards. It a lot of work but do it ASAP. :) It took me like a week do for like 15 cards! :) It was worth it. I can try and scan it to give you an idea. We got married at the lake also. :) Wish you best of luck! :)

Be SURE all products are acid free. :) I have a lot of scrapbook but plan to sell them since I lost interested in them. Oh well! I'll keep some for cards making only.

Those are some really good ideas. The bottle idea was one that was a premade kit already. It was unique. I really like the sand idea. Im gonna run that by my fiance. lol.

I love the sand and names idea! Then maybe seagulls in each corner in the inside with a ribbon draped between them and down the sides as a type of border.

I thought this was nice.
AF2303lr.jpg

Oh and I think it be cool to write your names in the sand like this and take a picture you could use it for the picture on your invite or whatever.
dsc04135-web.jpg

I definitely agree. The names written in the sand is beautiful and can be done by you and your fiance. My husband and I made our invites, and it was a lot of fun, not to mention its cheaper, too!!

howbout light blue paper with sand glued it?

I was thinking something similar!! Take and print on your own printer, then take spray adheadsive and spray outside edge of paper, leaving Oval around printed text. Sprinkle sand. Once dry, place the partchment paper over top, put in envelope, mail! :) Another cool idea would be to burn outside edges of invitation.

:lol:

Back