i m new here!!

sarahkhan

Reaction score
My name is Sarah(ofcourse you all wud know from my id:lol:) and i am severely deaf.....deaf from birth! Hope to meet new peoples here!!:wave:
I am 17 years old.......and i am from bangladesh

I had study at normal school( imagine being a only deaf student in my school history). ofcourse that was not so easy....though i had learned to accept myself:). and ya, now it is time for my high school!!( i gave total seven subjects igcse exams....five last december and others 2 this mayjune) and i got 5 A*!!:D (the other 2 results will be out on aug).People got SURPRISE when i got 5 A* despite of being deaf..saying "wow even deaf people can get that"(no matter how much i tell deaf people can do anything like hearing people)..... hmm...and....that is for here.

i dunno wht to write more:eek3:....feel free to ask any question about me.......AND AGAIN :wave:

Last edited:
Welcome to AD!! Enjoy your stay!!

I'm DeafLissa90 and I'm 19 years old from England!

:wave:

Hello
:welcome:

KKKKHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!

khan.gif

I finally got to use that gif :P

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am sorry that you have been trying to be a part of the hearing society and no Deaf Social in your area. You said that you have never met any deaf people in your community. That is a shock and you need to be with the deaf people, because you don't want to be isolated. Being around hearing people is no picnic or no easy way to try to understand hearing people. Lipreading suck (no good) but if you have good lipreading skill, then you will be able to make out what they are saying. Sign language in your area is the most important tool for you to be able to understand among the Deaf people. Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

yeah, tht true i never had met any deaf people......and i really wanted one.....i really wanted to be part of deaf community that why i joined AD.....it suck to be in hearing community....
I am borned to read lip......but obviously i cannot make out the words tht ppl say always.....ppl expect me to talk, listen to them like normal but i dont becoz if they dont want to talk and listen to me because of my difficulties, why would I?
thanx for the support!!:smile:

Last edited:
yeah, tht true i never had met any deaf people......and i really wanted one.....i really wanted to be part of deaf community that why i joined AD.....it suck to be in hearing community....
I am borned to read lip......but obviously i cannot make out the words tht ppl say always.....ppl expect me to talk, listen to them like normal but i dont becoz if they dont want to talk and listen to me because of my difficulties, why would I?
thanx for the support!!:smile:

You are most welcome. Enjoy learning and discussing among us, even I have to learn some things that I am not aware of. Some of the ADers had straighten me out on the SEE (Sign Exact English). I thought I knew everything about SEE and ASL. Go figure. :roll:

Back