I love him, but....!

Wholigal

Reaction score
Does anybody have any advice on how to stop my husband randomly walking into the room and sprouting rubbish and irrelvelant stuff whilst using a sing song voice?

Its the one thing that he really flares up about when I try to explain to him that its counter productive, INTENSELY irriating when I'm working or trying to concentrate on something and it also annoys me because each and everytime he does it I have to say 'what did you say, I can't understand' you yet he continues to do it - even after seven years of marriage.

''I neeeeeeeeed a peeeeee, Ineeeeedapeeeeeeneeedaaaapeeeee' is the most common one. He's just said 'wherrre's theeee snooooooow? wherestheeeesnooooooow' and when I said please don't do that darling, I'm trying to concentrate on something here he blows.

No - he would NEVER hit me! He just rages, shouts and storms away, and I don't know why - whether its true annoyance with me? Defensive because he's deep down embarassed and frustrated? But it is one of the very VERY few things that we argue about but I just can't get across to him how much it irritates me! If he would only come in and say it in a NORMAL voice!!!

Any advice welcome.... I have tried talking to him when we're calm but it just escalates into another row so now most of the time I just grit my teeth and suck it up but when I'm really concentrating on something I find it unbearable....

Turn the tables on him...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You could make a deal with him. Ask him if there's anything you do that gets on his nerves. If he can come up with something you could easily change, tell him you'll do so in exchange for him saying things in a less irritating way.

I realize you shouldn't have to do this, but it might be an effective way to end this aggravating behavior of his.

You could make a deal with him. Ask him if there's anything you do that gets on his nerves. If he can come up with something you could easily change, tell him you'll do so in exchange for him saying things in a less irritating way.

I realize you shouldn't have to do this, but it might be an effective way to end this aggravating behavior of his.
or do what aggivates the hell outta him.

I've tried that a while back but maybe its time to give it another go - thanks!

A man who loves and cares about his wife doesn't act this way. There is a lot of aggression bubbling under the surface of this behavior. I suggest you get professional marriage counseling. The fact that you even mention this, "he blows," and "he would NEVER hit me! He just rages, shouts and storms away," is troublesome. Whatever he says to you brings up images of violence, not love, even if he has not yet done anything physical. Get help. This problem isn't going to get better by itself.

A man who loves and cares about his wife doesn't act this way. There is a lot of aggression bubbling under the surface of this behavior. I suggest you get professional marriage counseling. The fact that you even mention this, "he blows," and "he would NEVER hit me! He just rages, shouts and storms away," is troublesome. Whatever he says to you brings up images of violence, not love, even if he has not yet done anything physical. Get help. This problem isn't going to get better by itself.

Thank you for your concern but I can absolutely assure you that there is NOTHING to worry about. He is not a violent man, and has never hit a woman in his life, has three kids that absolutely adore him, and even the bloody dogs prefer him to me! ;)

ask yourself - why is he talking like that. is this new or he done it since you first met him? what has changed? you or him ?

Back