I love Blackberry!!!

NightwarriorJin

Reaction score
Since I just saw a thread of SK3 lover, I decided to make a new thread... for BB lover like us :-D

I just got 8700g instead of SK3 and I do not regret it a bit. I love the display, high resolution! and funny, I did a web loading test on SK3 and BB8700g... Guess who win, yup BB8700g!

Thanks heaven for BB! :)

Yes I look at BBg look nice and improve so much, but I perfer using sk3 for worth every penny I spent on sk3.. SK3 is good enough for me, then no need to use computer or laptop.. I expect SK 4 will has WIFI.. ;)

I hope you enjoy and play your little toy device.. GOOD LUCK!

the T-MOBILE SK serve me since 2002

I have BB 7290

I love the quickness of sending emails and receiving but don't like the AIM. I also love the coverage too

What I like about my BlackBerry 7290 is AutoText for speeding up conversation and decrease the time to thumbtype. For example, if I type "bb" then Blackberry will recognize it and replace "bb" with "BlackBerry." For "bb7" BlackBerry will replace it with "BlackBerry 7290".

For:

"msg1" BB can replace it with "Hello this is Grayson Peddie ga"
"bbaim" BB can replace it with "I'm using my BlackBerry 7290 with AOL Instant Messenging"
"bbaimr" BB can replace it with "I'm using my BlackBerry 7290 with AOL Instant Messenging, calling through Internet Relay service."
etc.

Just for example, if I type this:

"clsTCC and evFN ihpizza. DEWend, igwoac. evS, iggs."

"I have class at TCC and every Friday night I have pizza. During every weekend, I go walk outside the apartment complex and while walking, I like to look at an overpass, where cars travel over the bridge and it really looks nice outside, close to my apartment complex. Every Sunday, I go grocery shopping, but sometimes not every Sunday, as I manage my money on spending food and manage what I eat at home."

Would you think I'd type up to and between 150-200 words per minute with AutoText without a whole lot of button presses and thumb movements?

XBGMER said:
Yes I look at BBg look nice and improve so much, but I perfer using sk3 for worth every penny I spent on sk3.. SK3 is good enough for me, then no need to use computer or laptop.. I expect SK 4 will has WIFI.. ;)

I hope you enjoy and play your little toy device.. GOOD LUCK!

the T-MOBILE SK serve me since 2002

You can get Wifi via update from SK3.

*snicker* i gotta hand that comment to you mookie nice retort!

anyhow...

BB is pretty good for me i don't use it ALOT and thats good keeps me foucus on other things thats more important! life!

deafclimber said:
where did u get that info ?

sk3 doesnt have wi fi feature as far as i know. :deal:

I already know about it because I had SK2 since 2004.

There's alot of update from SK3 in certain time like add WiFi feature, video and other features.

I got updated from SK2 for add javascript support, some change background and logos and some new features.

i am aware of sk2 upgrades cuz as i told you, vol, before in other thread, i was sk2 owner.

i dont think so it can upgrade sk3 for wifi or video. that is my knowledge in mobiles research.

sorry it is off topic.

deafclimber said:
i am aware of sk2 upgrades cuz as i told you, vol, before in other thread, i was sk2 owner.

i dont think so it can upgrade sk3 for wifi or video. that is my knowledge in mobiles research.

sorry it is off topic.

It can be update in certain time...

NightwarriorJin said:
Since I just saw a thread of SK3 lover, I decided to make a new thread... for BB lover like us :-D

I just got 8700g instead of SK3 and I do not regret it a bit. I love the display, high resolution! and funny, I did a web loading test on SK3 and BB8700g... Guess who win, yup BB8700g!

Thanks heaven for BB! :)

i second nightwarriorjin bb8700 better than crummy sk3

volcomskatz said:
You can get Wifi via update from SK3.

I am sorry but it is not possible, period. In order to have wifi in sk3, there have to be a chip that interpret the wireless standard (a/g/b) and antenna that does the frequency of 2.4 ghz. They only have 850 mhz and other frequency. While its true that they updated the SK2 to have javascript, its a SOFTWARE update, not HARDWARE one.

However, I would not be surprised (or half suprirsed?) that SK3 will be allowed to do tethering (meaning you can use sk3's wireless and use bluetooth to the laptop, then use internet on laptop). Thats a SOFTWARE update, but its pretty late. Blackberry 8700g/c already have those now.

Please conclude with facts and common sense, than rumor, for you will get flamed.

volcomskatz said:
I already know about it because I had SK2 since 2004.

There's alot of update from SK3 in certain time like add WiFi feature, video and other features.

I got updated from SK2 for add javascript support, some change background and logos and some new features.

volcomskatz, NO. The Sidekick 3 does not have "WiFi" capabilities. It cannot be "updated" to include WiFi. There is no way for the Sidekick 3 to magically be able to transmit at 802.11a/b/g compatible frequencies of 2.4GHz. This has been confirmed from the FCC, so NO.

Video? Who knows.

Change background? Maybe. Only 4 backgrounds are provided right now. Who knows when they'll get around to adding more? Are you going to pay for them?

Back