I look Blu-Ray Player built-in CC

Yes, I know it, Blu-Ray Device Best requiement Pentium 4 3.4Ghz or high

Yes, I did dvd disc on 7MC, no problem my pentim 3.2GHZ, Yes Blu-Ray Burn BD+/-R +/-RE and DL cost $70 !

I want who fix center move last screen (bottom), fix font size, font syle, etc.. for Disc

I have a home-built PC with Windows 7, graphics card with HDMI and Blu-ray drive. It has built-in Media Center Edition (MCE) which I really like. I have no issues watching/recording TV programs (Over the Air antenna only) and CC works well over HDMI cable. I don't use MCE to watch DVD/Blu-ray movies.

My PC also has Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra software with Blu-ray support. It also has built-in CC and CC is transmitted thru HDMI cable. It plays Blu-ray and DVD movies very well. You will need high quality graphics card with video accelerator. Also make sure your PC is powerful and fast enough to handle high definition video.

The problem is Blu-ray movies appear to no longer include CC, only sub-titles. I personally like sub-titles over traditional CC.

PC with Blu-ray drive and proper DVD/Blu-ray software player is a pretty good alternative to Blu-ray player since PC can transmit CC over HDMI cable. Unfortunately a PC can cost more than a Blu-ray player.

Peter

Wonderful, who know Java programmer for Android support CC 3rd-party software?

Sony Ingernet / Google TV Blu-Ray (NSZ-GT1) and Samung (soon) had Android, who make progammer CC into Android will work old DVD on Blu-Ray Device? becuase how did Windows MCE / VMC / 7MC had party software CC and MAC too

Please please make programm CC in Android Market ? Google TV will update 3.1 (honeycomb) soon

Cyberlink PowerDVD had CC, wonderful If PowerDVD for Android? I will be HAPPY!!! that like DVD opy into Mobile, Tablet storage and PowerDVD will work CC, or Ext DVD Device USB to Mobile or Tablet

maybe we send to PowerLink about Android that i saw Powerlink had many in android's market

Last edited:
Latest Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra 11 includes mobile that uses Android. I don't know if mobile version supports CC. You can download from:

The Android Media Player for PowerDVD

I have no idea how it works because I don't have Android based phone or tablet. It looks like this app costs $20 but I think you also need the PC version of PowerDVD Ultra 11. If you buy the PC version, it comes with free mobile version as well.

Good luck and let us know if this works for you.

Peter

1163_af93.jpeg

that don't support Sony and Samsung GoogleTV Blu-Ray yet... it is version 2.1, no market.. upgrade 3.1 soon they had market

Latest Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra 11 includes mobile that uses Android. I don't know if mobile version supports CC. You can download from:

The Android Media Player for PowerDVD

I have no idea how it works because I don't have Android based phone or tablet. It looks like this app costs $20 but I think you also need the PC version of PowerDVD Ultra 11. If you buy the PC version, it comes with free mobile version as well.

Good luck and let us know if this works for you.

Peter

I am suprise, Windows 7 Media Center is no CC

hey hey, I am suprise, I am mad!!!!

Windows 7 Media Center is remove CC Decoder, become subtitle,

but
Vista and XP keep CC Decoder for MCE

Windows 7 still "Media Player" still CC

you think copy Visita's CC Decoder into Windows 7?

Last edited:
Windows 7 Media Center is remove CC Decoder, become subtitle

Can you clarify?

Are you saying that you inserted a DVD movie with CC and Windows 7 Media Center no longer displays CC on your TV?

Is your PC connected to the TV using HDMI or DVI cable? If so, you need to enable CC inside Windows 7 Media Center.

I do not own any DVD movies so I cannot test it on my Windows 7 Media Center. I rent movies from Netflix. I have no need to buy movies.

Peter

I research, yes no longer "CC" for only Windows 7

I had old visita, Media Center, Setting, DVD, I saw "Closed Caption"

but Windows 7 show "Subtitle" not have "Closed Caption"

I did few dvd for test, Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 don't have subtitle but they had CC, i test they put to Windows 7, Media Center, won't work.. both Subtitle and CC nope!!! but Windows 7's Media Player work CC but lousy font and smell size

Can you clarify?

Are you saying that you inserted a DVD movie with CC and Windows 7 Media Center no longer displays CC on your TV?

Is your PC connected to the TV using HDMI or DVI cable? If so, you need to enable CC inside Windows 7 Media Center.

I do not own any DVD movies so I cannot test it on my Windows 7 Media Center. I rent movies from Netflix. I have no need to buy movies.

Peter

Hi All Guys,

Please Please Please!!!

Who had Blu-Ray Player with both HDMI and A/V (RCA - Yellow plug) output to HDTV

you use SDH for HDMI, if some old DVD had CC, you use press switch "INPUT" swith to A/V, insert DVD on Blu-Ray Player will work 480i and CC, any you saw it let me know

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

The Highlander said:
Windows Media Center (XP, Vistion, and 7) work 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p with DVD or Blu-Ray Device but CC won't top/bottom, only middle

I never like WMC at all. It's still junk on Windows 7. The Apple's DVD player app is better software ever I see for smooth and GREAT CC system. Too bad, Apple don't have blu-ray software so far. I believe Apple dont plan to add better optical disc in the future, They will rid of all optical discs due netflix with HD and itunes with 1080p are popular and afford. So the optical disc will become useless and waste of money in the future for USA. Who know?

Yes that's correct. They predict in future that rotary storage devices will be no more like the mechanical hard drives, optical discs, etc.

I research, yes no longer "CC" for only Windows 7

I had old visita, Media Center, Setting, DVD, I saw "Closed Caption"

but Windows 7 show "Subtitle" not have "Closed Caption"

I did few dvd for test, Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 don't have subtitle but they had CC, i test they put to Windows 7, Media Center, won't work.. both Subtitle and CC nope!!! but Windows 7's Media Player work CC but lousy font and smell size

Well, I can't speak for DVD movies with CC but I watch/record TV programs using Over the Air (OTA) antenna and CC with Windows 7 Media Center works perfectly. It does not show CC in the middle of the screen. It's at lower part of the screen but a little higher than it should be. I am not talking about CC inside the TV because I am using HDMI cable and CC is coming from Windows 7 Media Center PC.

I will have to borrow someone's DVD movie with CC and without sub-titles to test CC on my Windows 7 Media Center PC. I will let you know my results.

Peter

Hi All Guys,

Please Please Please!!!

Who had Blu-Ray Player with both HDMI and A/V (RCA - Yellow plug) output to HDTV

you use SDH for HDMI, if some old DVD had CC, you use press switch "INPUT" swith to A/V, insert DVD on Blu-Ray Player will work 480i and CC, any you saw it let me know

Oh, boy! Why don't you go to an electronic store like Best Buy and buy a Blu-Ray player that has both composite video and HDMI outputs? Test it yourself after reading its manual and if you don't like it for some reasons, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.

IMO, I prefer a Blu-Ray player because it has a remote control that can pause, rewind, fast forward and slow motion without moving your ass out of your sofa. If you want to hook your computer up with your HDTV, a DVD software doesn't have a remote control so that means if you want to pause the movie, you have to go to your computer to pause it or something like that. My son who is a computer whiz said that to me.

In other words, a Blu-Ray player is cheaper and better today. You can google it for the lowest price. Good luck!

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

CrazyPaul said:
Hi All Guys,

Please Please Please!!!

Oh, boy! Why don't you go to an electronic store like Best Buy and buy a Blu-Ray player that has both composite video and HDMI outputs? Test it yourself after reading its manual and if you don't like it for some reasons, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.

IMO, I prefer a Blu-Ray player because it has a remote control that can pause, rewind, fast forward and slow motion without moving your ass out of your sofa. If you want to hook your computer up with your HDTV, a DVD software doesn't have a remote control so that means if you want to pause the movie, you have to go to your computer to pause it or something like that. My son who is a computer whiz said that to me.

In other words, a Blu-Ray player is cheaper and better today. You can google it for the lowest price. Good luck!

Some computers come with remote control to control any playbacks like youtube, dvd, etc. I have the remote control for my Mac Mini but that remote orginially came with the iMac.

You can use a remote control to do the same with dvd players. I've programmed them to work on different devices on one remote control. :)

My Logitech Harmony remote control can control my PC just as well as any Blu-ray player. It can control Windows Media Center Edition and PowerDVD Blu-ray software. It can do everything what CrazyPaul said for his Blu-ray player.

Peter

Sorry, my bad. I asked my son again and he said yes, there are remote controls for PC. I forgot that he told me about it once before.

Will a remote control work if a PC is in the bedroom or office and a HDTV is in the living room? Just wondering.

Please not talk about "Remote Control"

I want talk about Blu-Ray (SDH) and DVD (CC) in ONE Player, I need know support 1) Media Center, 2) DVD Disc on Blu-Ray with CC, and 3) DVD disc swtich to A/V (RCA) with CC, and Blu-Ray with SDH, any you have it?

Thank you!

Back