I look Blu-Ray Player built-in CC

rhr

Reaction score
I know CC not support Blu-Ray ahd HDMI

becuase I have lot of old DVD Moive with CC, don't ask me about subtitle

I know Blu-Ray and new DVD Disc had SDH but old DVD, I don't like subtitle for old DVD disc

I want I buy Blu-Ray Player support CD/DVD etc.. with CC Device

I mean Blu-Ray built-in CC device will open caption to HDMI to HDTV, I know Phillip DVD Player had CC Device but I need Blu-Ray Player

I need find Phillip, Sony, Samsung had built-in CC Device

I know Windows Media Center had CC Decode Device work Blu-Ray Device can read old Disc but Windows Media Center is lousy format CC that CC is middle screen, i want last or top screen not middle

Any Idea?

Are you saying that if you hook up your Blue Ray Player using DVI instead of HDMI you will get captions?

Can you see the CD menu when you load the old movies? You need to be able to turn on subtitles in the menu. Also, there should be a blue ray menu that enables sub titles as well, but you probably can't use both settings.

You will not get CC through HDMI.

What should be on the back of blu-ray players are ports for HDMI and for RCA (red/yellow/white).

My dad did this for his blu-ray player. He hooked it up using HDMI as INPUT-1. He then hooked it up using RCA as INPUT-2. Whenever he watched a blu-ray movie with me, he would use INPUT-1 since there's subtitles. If it was a DVD that also had subtitles, he would leave it in INPUT-1. However, if it was a DVD that was CC-only (no English subtitles or SDH)... he would switch to INPUT-2. :)

What should be on the back of blu-ray players are ports for HDMI and for RCA (red/yellow/white).

My dad did this for his blu-ray player. He hooked it up using HDMI as INPUT-1. He then hooked it up using RCA as INPUT-2. Whenever he watched a blu-ray movie with me, he would use INPUT-1 since there's subtitles. If it was a DVD that also had subtitles, he would leave it in INPUT-1. However, if it was a DVD that was CC-only (no English subtitles or SDH)... he would switch to INPUT-2. :)

Just enable the CC in the blu-ray player as device itself, not disc's menu or TV's CC. My directv DVR (enable CC) and Mini Mac as dvd player (enable CC) are works fine as CC on single HDMI even TV's CC is disable which you don't need it. We used HDMI for almost 5 years and no problem with CC so far. Most devices with HDMI SHOULD have CC decode built-in. No RCA need. Your father should read the manual for blu-ray about CC.

I know CC not support Blu-Ray ahd HDMI

becuase I have lot of old DVD Moive with CC, don't ask me about subtitle

I know Blu-Ray and new DVD Disc had SDH but old DVD, I don't like subtitle for old DVD disc

I want I buy Blu-Ray Player support CD/DVD etc.. with CC Device

I mean Blu-Ray built-in CC device will open caption to HDMI to HDTV, I know Phillip DVD Player had CC Device but I need Blu-Ray Player

I need find Phillip, Sony, Samsung had built-in CC Device

I know Windows Media Center had CC Decode Device work Blu-Ray Device can read old Disc but Windows Media Center is lousy format CC that CC is middle screen, i want last or top screen not middle

Any Idea?

Wow. This is a lot hard to find than I thought. Last year, I found a lot blu-ray with the built-in CC device thru PDF manual without problem. This year, I tried to find 5 diff models/brands and no luck with CC. I can't believe that!

Wow. This is a lot hard to find than I thought. Last year, I found a lot blu-ray with the built-in CC device thru PDF manual without problem. This year, I tried to find 5 diff models/brands and no luck with CC. I can't believe that!

If I am not mistaken, DVRs and similar devices are required to include a closed captioning decoder, however, the disc-based players are not.

If I am not mistaken, DVRs and similar devices are required to include a closed captioning decoder, however, the disc-based players are not.

How wrong is that!!??? required for one but not for other.. ugh!

Make sense to me for everything. FCC need update for CC decoder on the players. Yes, I do like CC or SDH over crap subtitle.

All No no no, I am sorry, not understand, I am not talk about HDMI cable about player (no cc) to HDTV with CC, NO!!!!

I talk about DVD Player had built-in CC Decoder , Philips had CC in DVD Player

Philips Player with CC Decoder work 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i only open caption link to HDMI to HDTV without CC

and buy Blu-Ray Player is no CC, only SDH,

I want DVD Player and Blu-Ray Player in ONE Box, I hate two player on table, I had full 4 stuck that I have lot of old DVD disc and few Blu-Ray Disc,

or can DVD disc in Blu-Ray Plaer to HDTV with CC, I know HDMI won't work

I think I got idea
Blu-Ray Player had output HDMI and A/V
If I put Blu-Ray Disc, I press Input for HDMI, i enjoy move with SDH
if I put old DVD Disc in Blu-Ray Player, I press inputer another for A/V will work 480i ??? they are two-in-one player??? I don't want two player

you say Blu-Ray Player had RCA cable??
what is blu-ray player model and brands?

If Blu-Ray Player output HDMI and output RCA to HDTV, DVD disc insert Blue-Ray Player will work 480i and CC???

Last edited:
I know RCA support 480i to CC but no 480p to 1080p

Just enable the CC in the blu-ray player as device itself, not disc's menu or TV's CC. My directv DVR (enable CC) and Mini Mac as dvd player (enable CC) are works fine as CC on single HDMI even TV's CC is disable which you don't need it. We used HDMI for almost 5 years and no problem with CC so far. Most devices with HDMI SHOULD have CC decode built-in. No RCA need. Your father should read the manual for blu-ray about CC.

His blu-ray player doesn't have CC included. That was the first thing we checked. We even checked the manual. I guess it's one of the early ones. He got it a few months after blu-ray came out.

Bad news! ALL Blu-Ray players have NO built-in CC decoder. Correct me if I'm wrong. However, if you want to watch regular DVDs with CC via your Blu-Ray player, then use composite video (yellow RCA - capability to carry "invisible" CC) if available and turn your TV's built-in CC decoder on. The player outputs 480i via composite video but your HDTV upconverts the signal to its native resolution. That's the only way it works if you want to watch CC instead of subtitles via a Blu-Ray player.

FYI, Blu-Ray discs don't have CC but most of them have subtitles, therefore HDMI can be used to output 1080p with subtitles which are overlayed on video signal.

Windows Media Center (XP, Vistion, and 7) work 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p with DVD or Blu-Ray Device but CC won't top/bottom, only middle

Correct, we are very happy with 1080p from DVR and Mini MAC with CC.

we need find 3

1) Blu-Ray Player Built-in CC Decoder Device
or
2) Blu-Ray HDMI support CC (i know it is not work)
or
3) Blu-Ray had output "RCA" (Yellow/Red/White) and output HDMI both in one player

Windows Media Center (XP, Vistion, and 7) work 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p with DVD or Blu-Ray Device but CC won't top/bottom, only middle

I never like WMC at all. It's still junk on Windows 7. The Apple's DVD player app is better software ever I see for smooth and GREAT CC system. Too bad, Apple don't have blu-ray software so far. I believe Apple dont plan to add better optical disc in the future, They will rid of all optical discs due netflix with HD and itunes with 1080p are popular and afford. So the optical disc will become useless and waste of money in the future for USA. Who know?

I have a home-built PC with Windows 7, graphics card with HDMI and Blu-ray drive. It has built-in Media Center Edition (MCE) which I really like. I have no issues watching/recording TV programs (Over the Air antenna only) and CC works well over HDMI cable. I don't use MCE to watch DVD/Blu-ray movies.

My PC also has Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra software with Blu-ray support. It also has built-in CC and CC is transmitted thru HDMI cable. It plays Blu-ray and DVD movies very well. You will need high quality graphics card with video accelerator. Also make sure your PC is powerful and fast enough to handle high definition video.

The problem is Blu-ray movies appear to no longer include CC, only sub-titles. I personally like sub-titles over traditional CC.

PC with Blu-ray drive and proper DVD/Blu-ray software player is a pretty good alternative to Blu-ray player since PC can transmit CC over HDMI cable. Unfortunately a PC can cost more than a Blu-ray player.

Peter

Back