I know it is weird but...

Legal definition of incest:

"sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry"

So it depends on the laws of that state or country to define which relationships are incest. If state "A" allows cousins to marry, then that relationship is not incest for state A. If state "B" does not allow cousins to marry, then that relationship is incest for state B.

Personally, the idea of incestuous relationships is disgusting to me, but it is accepted in some cultures. Ugh!

Reba said:
Legal definition of incest:

"sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry"

So it depends on the laws of that state or country to define which relationships are incest. If state "A" allows cousins to marry, then that relationship is not incest for state A. If state "B" does not allow cousins to marry, then that relationship is incest for state B.

Personally, the idea of incestuous relationships is disgusting to me, but it is accepted in some cultures. Ugh!

Definately....

I agree, it's totally sick to marry a family member, ewww

Inbreeding

Inbreeders are usually found in societies that do not entertain the introduction of outsider's genetic material into it.

You can find this plenty occurring within Mormonism, the Amish, and some small towns in the bible belt.

When I went to the temple in Salt Lake Utah, all the adult ladies in there had some sort of facial similarities would give strong rise to inbreeding had been going on in Mormonism for many generations.

Yeah its scary that this little guy's daddy could also be his brother or
grandfather.

Richard

Last edited:
Reba said:
That is weird. First cousins are more closely related by blood than second cousins, so it seems it should be the other way around.

Yeah, but second cousins' kids has more chance of acquiring gentic disorders because of the relationship. At least that was what I was told.

dis shit is fucken sick...i refuse marry my own family member...and this bitch that i know frum AOL..she has a daughter by her own cousin...she never knew it was her cousin but still..she nasty ass anyways

Nesmuth - do you have something to back up your claim on Amish doing this practice?

Anyway, about incest I was told that some families do incest practice with their children is that they didn't want their children to learn about sexual off the street and believe it is a lot safer that way to do with family members. :(

Miss-Delectable said:
Yeah, but second cousins' kids has more chance of acquiring gentic disorders because of the relationship. At least that was what I was told.

Really it can't be, because first cousins are more chance than second and twice removed cousins!

Well, no offence to 3 deaf people I know, they are born deaf and slightly face disorder, as they told me their parents are cousins as it explain itself! They don't have another siblings because of it and one of them had adopted brother.

My father's cousins, they were told not to marry to them because their mothers are sisters, AND their fathers are brothers too, like 2 sisters married to 2 brothers, and it is ok as long as their offsprings not married to each other.

First cousins are allowed to married as long they are test with Doctors first in England and Australia.

Red~Rum said:
Really it can't be, because first cousins are more chance than second and twice removed cousins!

Well, no offence to 3 deaf people I know, they are born deaf and slightly face disorder, as they told me their parents are cousins as it explain itself! They don't have another siblings because of it and one of them had adopted brother.

My father's cousins, they were told not to marry to them because their mothers are sisters, AND their fathers are brothers too, like 2 sisters married to 2 brothers, and it is ok as long as their offsprings not married to each other.

First cousins are allowed to married as long they are test with Doctors first in England and Australia.
:werd: That's one of the outcomes from incest. The more related by blood that the couple are, the higher risk and more deformed the offsprings become.

You're right, Rachel, this is VERY weird. Uh...I don't even know what I could possibly suggest for your ex. I think he does need to seek out some help, if he's going to wine and dine his own mother. Are you sure there's nothing you're missing here? I mean, is it possible he is only trying to be a good son, and has genuine love for his mother instead of a sexual attraction?

....JUST asking...LOL. I mean, I don't know, unless there's something I've missed, I didn't recall your saying that you've actually SEEN your ex behave inappropriately towards his mother in the physical sense.

Red~Rum said:

Well, here's the Marriage Act in Australia.

The Marriage Act prohibits people marrying:
an ancestor or descendant; or their brother or sister (whether whole blood or half-blood siblings)

These restrictions also apply to adoptive relationships even if these have been annulled, cancelled, discharged or cease to be effective for any reason (for example, due to a subsequent adoption order being made).

This means, for example, that a person cannot marry their parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister. However, (depending of course on the sex of the party) a person may marry their aunt or uncle, niece or nephew, "first" cousin or step-sibling.

Miss-Delectable said:
Well, here's the Marriage Act in Australia.

The Marriage Act prohibits people marrying:
an ancestor or descendant; or their brother or sister (whether whole blood or half-blood siblings)

These restrictions also apply to adoptive relationships even if these have been annulled, cancelled, discharged or cease to be effective for any reason (for example, due to a subsequent adoption order being made).

This means, for example, that a person cannot marry their parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister. However, (depending of course on the sex of the party) a person may marry their aunt or uncle, niece or nephew, "first" cousin or step-sibling.

This is partially wrong as step-siblings cannot get married if they are adopted.
There is a case in the papers in Western Australia at the moment where two children want to get married but as their parents got married and adopted the children they are now considered as brother and sister under law and cannot get married.

Earlier someone said second cousins cannot get married but I can not find anything in the marriage act that supports this comment. Maybe I am not looking hard enough!!!!

Brian said:
Nesmuth - do you have something to back up your claim on Amish doing this practice?(

Sure, there's a Mr. and Mrs. Yoder here and there and everywhere in the Amish communities!

Richard

Back