I, King Jordan order to Clerc close down next year !

nat84

Reaction score
I know that many students did not happy with this news from gallaudet community. Most of students believed about IKJ adminstration who order to Clerc Hall close down for new constrcution next year.

Who is the BOSS???????????

IKJ is the BOSS, you guys hired him, and it is his JOB to do whatever
he wants to do with GALLAUDET....

I am so sick and tired of whiney Students not happy about anything....

If they don't like it, then go find another COLLEGE.... Damn it!!!:pissed:

Who is the BOSS???????????

IKJ is the BOSS, you guys hired him, and it is his JOB to do whatever
he wants to do with GALLAUDET....

I am so sick and tired of whiney Students not happy about anything....

If they don't like it, then go find another COLLEGE.... Damn it!!!:pissed:

I AGREE!!! My husband and I went out with his friends for his birthday last Friday. They are all hearing and they were asking me about what was the deal with the protests at Gallaudet. U know what they said? They said that it looked like the students bitch and whine about everything. tsk tsk!

Yeah, I was at Gallaudet in Spring 2003, and I saw a graffiti, "I King Jordon
sux" in front of the SAC building (Student Academy Center)...

And that part of the building was so new and pretty, they just built it, but some idiot student paint graffiti and messed up the wall...

Some Students there are so strange, they should be happy that I. King Jordan is making
Gallaudet so pretty... and not old and same old buildings...

There's a lot more going on there than what's coming out.

Like the accredition reaffirmation decision is being postponed until like March after a study on shared governance issues on the campus is completed.

Until then the Gally diplomas are worth no more than the paper and the ink printed on it.

Deafhood needs to wake up and see effects of their actions.

Richard

Until then the Gally diplomas are worth no more than the paper and the ink printed on it.

Richard

So my master's degree from Gallaudet is worthless? Shit..I gotta go back to school again. :rl:

There's a lot more going on there than what's coming out.

Like the accredition reaffirmation decision is being postponed until like March after a study on shared governance issues on the campus is completed.

Deafhood needs to wake up and see effects of their actions.

Richard

Pfft. Gallaudet graduates don't automatically become unaccredited just because a university isn't currently accredited. As much as I'm not a fan of the university, at least I recognize that.

Deafhood's doing just fine.

The Clerc dorm is NOT safe to live there .. plus many reasons. I did filed the complaints about the bunkbed that has no ladder. I am short ... I fell off the bed as I was trying to land on the desk. I had a huge purple grapefruit size on back of my leg. No room to walk in. Each room does not have ladder .. bec no place to be put! I never liked to live there. But wondering why hired a lousy architecture at the first place and waste money to built and .. tear it down --- ooops .. for construction. Same thing as Library but will be torn down as I heard. Nothing to do with the protest.

Last edited:
I agree. They should have just left the BOT and let Jane take over.

With the new 3 nominees, people are gonna complain all over again. :roll:

So getting rid of Jane isn't going to solve the underlying issues at Gally? While her leadership skills may have been questionable, Gally as a whole has problems that runs deeper than just Jane.

After reading many threads on Gallaudet, that seems to be my take on it as well.

The dorm is being closed for renovations- nothing wrong with that. It has mold problems, it's old and unsafe, and it needs to be fixed. Their best bet would be to tear it down and start from scratch, which they might do. Where's the problem?

wasnt Clerc Hall know as Dorm Nbr 5?

Hello,

I don't think it is the same dorm or building. Clerc Hall is between Benson Hall and Dorm 5, I believe. It has been a while since I have been on the campus.

I am sorry that the Clerc center will close down. I wish I King Jordan can be healthy retirement.

Back