I kicked out my roommate today!

Hello starrygaze It's good to be back here on Alldeaf. You must be so busy taking care of your child and working around your house. I recalled that Pacman is planning to quit his job, and he is applying for a job at Target. I don't know when he will do that. He works a 2nd shift. He needs more money, and he is going to Gallaudet next year. I just think that having a roommate is difficult to deal with because who is going to pay for the damage if there was a party.

Me ---> 3rd shift, not 2nd and never been 2nd shift...

wow, reading this happen to remind me of this;
Deaf As I Wanna Be

So why do you do this in first place, packing in 11 peeps?

Was greedy back then. I was buying up a lotta land up north california and wanted to pay it off real fast. Was able to pay it off fast. And after I paid off the last payment the money from the 11 peeps started losing a lot of it's green color.

Richard

:eek3: Wow! Darn it. Were you have a hard time to deal with cleaning the bathroom? I had three students, and they never clean the toilet. What a gross!

Yeah it was a challenge. I was able to improvise a 'funnel' out of a 5 gallon pickle bucket. I sawed off the bottom and it fits into the toilet makes a good improvisation for those who had trouble aiming especially while drunk.

I also had a strict weekly cleaning routine and rotated cleaning responsibilities each week.

Richard

roommates = lots of unnessecary bullshit and drama. I am happily roommate-free.

I screen them out real good now. I'd rather have a bunch of semi-zombies living with me than people who are going to be yelling at each other. And since I'm the super of my building, I get the big say on whats right and what's wrong in my place so I'm gonna pack it up with 4 more people. Yes I'll be picking the semi-zombies.

Richard

9X-- I never will have any roomies PERIOD!

Many deafies asked me, why not live with me for roomies and save the rental money. Many times I declined them offer, put them down.

I do agree with some posts.

I don't want to go into more details about my friends what twice I've witnessed. Actually, basic: apartment manager warned the leased tenants, must force the people out asap (no 15-30 notice days), because they were not on lease period. they ignored manager's warning notice. Few days, Manager observed tenant's apt, people still resided there. Manager fed up with the leased tenants. Manager post on tenant door " NOTICE EVICTION " before tenants arrived home from their work. PERIOD! see that.. I was like damn it.

People tell you, must give 15-30 notice days.. thats very BOGUS!

My advice is, don't listen some people in post said 'MUST' give them 15-30 notice days to move out.

Just simply walk into apartment office, tell manager what happen on your story. manager will be on your side. manager will handle your situation to force roomie out of your residence with police.. they save your ass from end up this situation where aparment mananger would evict you for no questions. trust me. :)

Good luck

10X--- I refuse to have roommate, no thanks...

I rather to live with families or partner, period.

depend on experience and job history or many walmart management salaries have more money than walmart assoicates' hourly pay. For example, my friend at Walmart enjoyed overnight and makes 19 dollars an hours plus $25 an hour overtime he earned 20 hours overtimes in two weeks you would like to stay with him? huh?

I feel that your friend has worked at wal-mart for more than 10 years, that why salaries are higher.

Mine is low, as $8.60.

Do this.

Move all their stuff outside when they aren't home, preferrably in garbage bags to make them look homeless. Then, change the locks. When they get home, don't answer and call the police if they persist, or try to break in. If they tell the police that they live there, just say that you don't know them, and have never seen them before. The police will ask them to prove that they live there, and when they cannot provide their name on the lease, or any documentation proving their residence, the police will tell them they are shit out of luck. The End.

^Dont bump a 5 year old thread to make a useless post

and a few pointers for your amazing post

1) dont lie to the police on legal matters, that will come back to bite you in the ass
2) Proof that you live somewhere...all that takes is a piece of mail with an address and their name (ive dealt with this BS on a few occasions with my brother)

It doesn't matter if they're your family or partner. They can kick out each other.

It required to building the trust and respect their space as long as they paid the rent.

If your name is on the Rental application and the other person is not. well they are screwed. You have the power to kick him/her out. But if both have their names on it. The police or the people would probably have to make some decisions. Because once your name is on it, it is techinally yours.

If your name is on the Rental application and the other person is not. well they are screwed. You have the power to kick him/her out. But if both have their names on it. The police or the people would probably have to make some decisions. Because once your name is on it, it is techinally yours.

technically -- umm - no. But for various reasons-
I will not go into this as I am a landlord. I just hate it when people try to do things that is not allowed in contract.

I once kicked out a person that's is just plan dangerouns to kick him out but i did, for all i know all the underground thug could have came to me -under his clout or contract to finish me. Never happened actually turned out he wanted out of the underworld too, and he saved me too from the drug world, WHILE he was the boss!!, weird fucken story i know...

thats the kind of roommate/flatmate you just DONT fuck with...lucky i got Lucky...amd for the next 6 years detectives with GUNs (yes IN NZ we're supposed NOT have Gun esp in the Police force- only AOS- but some Detectives actually did (and they SHOWED it to me), OR they um, werent Detectives...some how it all dissappeared. they left me alone, figuring I had nothing to do with their mess...

technically -- umm - no. But for various reasons-
I will not go into this as I am a landlord. I just hate it when people try to do things that is not allowed in contract.

I didn't mean it as an ownership thing. I am talking about between the roommate.

Back