I just...

Deaffy

Reaction score
Listend to the best music I ever heard in 10 yrs off youtube with my cochlear implant.. even tho I am not programmed for music so to speak yet.. but i could pick out the tones and the rythmn it was simply stunning and brought tears to my eyes. the begining I couldnt determine what was being played but when it started to pick up I was like wow!![ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWcItlTPf0]YouTube - Sad piano music "Melody For A Friend"[/ame]

Awesome!! I remember activation night Miss Kat watched Fantasia and was totally engrossed by the music. It was a huge change!

Oh WOW!...Would have loved to seen ur face when you "heard" the music....I've been deaf since 1962....and I still miss the music....

robin.. I didnt really get the " sad" part of the video it wasnt too clear.. but about 40 secs into it he just picks up the pace and i could get the beat down it was awsome.. I dont know what it would sound liek to a hearie but to me it was beautifull...

thats really cool. my audi had set a "music" program for me once but i didnt like it. it would make parts of it fade out and i wanted to hear the entire thing without parts being muffled. i use my main program for music now.

enjoy your new found freedom mr deaffy.:D

robin.. I didnt really get the " sad" part of the video it wasnt too clear.. but about 40 secs into it he just picks up the pace and i could get the beat down it was awsome.. I dont know what it would sound liek to a hearie but to me it was beautifull...

Don't Stop the Music!....my sons often "sing" songs to me, along with a little of the "beat"....Very happy for you!

I felt the same way at Las Vegas Musical Theatre. I got tears, too.

Last edited:
Deaffy,

That is awesome you heard music. Not getting the sad part could be a guy thing,LOL

HAHA I dunno The melody wasnt really registering .. It just sounded like eeeeeeeee orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr eeeeeeeeeee... but then when it picked up i could get more of it.. i guess the slowness to the begining was difficult for me..

Back