I just wondering about SWCID

Deafactress

Reaction score
Would you to telling me about SWCID? Cause, I'd like
to know. Hope you telling me more this. :ty:

Hey just curious............I was on the site, and was looking at the programs....I didn't realize that it was basicly voke training. Would this program be good for a hoh MR kid? I know a hoh MR(borderline-mild MR) kid who is interested in office work.

All I know they are free free free.. but what benefit to be free..

I haven't met anyone who went there and success to get job. No one and no inch of getting job on what they are major studies.

Ah, got it.

Sorry, I don't know anything about it.

Did you try visiting the campus yourself?

Yes, I've told to my parents about this, they
will take me going to visiting in Big Spring Tx
But, Someone told me that Swcid is sucked
and I have no reason WHY. Um, i think they
were not good study about it. um... do you
think so?

I had been visit SWCID before.. It is okay school.. Their education is good. They have good programs for low mind people that need help improve their reading, math and english to be better before they could enter college level. I don't like Big Spring, boring small town which is not right place for SWCID to set there. I wish that SWCID is in big city because students would do many things on weekend. I know that Dental Lab Technology and Interpreter programs at SWCID are popular now. Many deafies graduated from swcid and got job as dental lab.

I had been visit SWCID before.. It is okay school.. Their education is good. They have good programs for low mind people that need help improve their reading, math and english to be better before they could enter college level. I don't like Big Spring, boring small town which is not right place for SWCID to set there. I wish that SWCID is in big city because students would do many things on weekend. I know that Dental Lab Technology and Interpreter programs at SWCID are popular now. Many deafies graduated from swcid and got job as dental lab.

I do wish that SWCID should launch in Midland instead which locatin 35 miles west off Big Spring on I-20 hwy. that place is much nice and bit bigger city.

Only good thing about Big Spring, you could spend camp most of time. They got lake and small mountain, I'm sure it's less than 1000 feet, still I call it baby mountain.

There are some major problem in SWCID

- food sucks (cafe closed at 6pm, most students go at 5:30 to eat)
- store sucks (Wal-Mart, that's all. ugh)
- entertrainment sucks, that mean you have to find mate to enjoy :giggle:

yeah, you need own car, so you can drive 55 miles west to Odessa for bar club to have good time and dance. ughh....

Yes, it's good for someone who need to make baby step before ahead to big challenge in other college. Student are average like 100 students, they have nice dorm than last time I saw 15 years ago compare to 3 years ago which last time I visit there and dating someone. haha...

I agree with you Poweron 100%! SWCID is not popular now. sigh I know that transportation is very suck in Big Spring. That's why students have to own cars or depend on their friends for rides to places.

Back