I just want someone to chat with

Pride2662

Reaction score
I am 26 yrs old, I have been hard of hearing all my life starting at age 16. Now in Aug 2016 I went totally deaf.

As a scientist type of person I understood what happened and maybe why. So far everything fit together. All I'm dealing with now is depression because I want my hearing.

I have had a rough life and very few people even wanted to deal with me before. Now that I'm deaf that number has all but diminished.

All I want now is to sign to people. Chat with someone else who understands what its like to be deaf. My mother is hard of hearing but I know from experience this is a totally different type of experience.

I want to chat with someone who knows about being deaf and will understand where I am coming from.

I haven't given up though the silence is killing me cause I'm used to sound.

Welcome. I am 26 too and deaf - I lost my hearing suddenly about 10 years ago now. To start with it feels like the world is crashing down, for sure. But you can adapt, and talk to like minded people and you'll realise it's ok, not perfect, just different.

As a scientist type of person I understood what happened and maybe why. So far everything fit together. All I'm dealing with now is depression because I want my hearing.

I have had a rough life and very few people even wanted to deal with me before. Now that I'm deaf that number has all but diminished.

Most people I knew before I lost my hearing didn't bother to adapt to talk to me. But you know what? You don't need them, if they don't really care about you then find someone else who does.

Hi! Have you looked into a CI? Those are great for people with progressive losses.

I understand. Very recently I have had to come to grips with people not understanding or just not remembering the sign I show them. I would understand if I show then once and expect them to remember. But I show them the same sign everyday and get they still don't remember.

I'm also a phycologists and know that those are signs if not wanting to learn or just don't care to learn. Which is very sad when its my parents I am talking about.

Just take life by the cells. They will learn eventually. I know they will get worn out from writing everything down lol

I have no experience being hearing myself. But just know here is a world of wonderful people out there who want to meet you. Don't lose hope. Your lucky to be part of such a wonderful community. Don't lose hope.

Back