i just need a few friends

terpprm

Reaction score
hello. my name is philip and i'm workin on becoming an interpreter. if anybody is interested in becoming my friend and/or helping me. please message me or post on this thread.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! With AD, there's a great group of members here whom you can be happy to make acquaintances with--ofc, I'll be one! ;) Also, hope your stay here in AD will be a great one as well!

:wave:
~RR

thank you roadrunner. do i know you from somewhere else? like another forum or db other than ad

need a friend

Hi-I am also new to alldeaf. I am nearing the end of my interpreter training program in MI., and by December, i hope to take the state test. What kind of help are you looking for? Where are you at in the process?

well, i can't afford to go to college, i've been teaching myself for a year and a half. i think i've got transliterating down, but i've kinda strayed from asl. i can do it conversationally, but not simultaneously.

well, i can't afford to go to college, i've been teaching myself for a year and a half. i think i've got transliterating down, but i've kinda strayed from asl. i can do it conversationally, but not simultaneously.

What do you mean you can't do ASL simultaneously? In interpreting?

Oh, how rude of me... :wave: :welcome: :wave: :D

What do you mean you can't do ASL simultaneously? In interpreting?...

Most likely the person means, unable to use voice and signing at the same time--I find that hard to do once in a while myself.... :whistle:

As for your question terpprm, I used to monitor several chat rooms and moderated another Forum years ago. ;)

Btw, am in O-hi-o 2.... :D

~RR

:welcome: to AD enjoy your stay btw, I am a terp too :)

right. i used to all the time. right now i am a religious interpreter and the deaf boy that comes to our church(we only have one) is english so i got into the habit of transliterating and when i try to switch back to asl when he's not there. i can't.

okay. i post in a malesurvivors forum and there's a man who calls himself roadrunner as well. what part of ohio? i am in amherst up near the lake

i have never had to voice yet. the boy is mildly autistic and only mimics signs. occaisionally he'll talk to you, but never when you want him to. so i'll eventually voice and i'm sure i'll have a problem with it:)

Back