i have small question about cc!!!

Blu-ray disc uses SDH subtitles as the sole method as the discs cannot carry Line 21 closed captions to the design of HDMI specifications that were designed to replace older analog and digital standards for HDTV.
you are correct! Now think, if blu-ray provide new record player and you want to record movie from TV, now we are sucks cause HDMI will not support and we need do something.

All of external DVD players not support CC. I just did.

None of the DVD players decodes!! It is done by the television itself!

However the tv I have for some reason would not decode CC from the DVD playing in the internal DVD player.

When I connect the external DVD player to the TV input, (the same TV that has the internal DVD player) it did decode the CC.

It has nothing to do with external DVD player, it's all inside the TV I have.

Last edited:
Geez! come on! Newer TV have new figures which you can custom your own CC even with or without blackbox also outline. Now only work for TV cause thank to that stupid HDMI and DVD or Blu-Ray Players. I dislike subtitle on DVD but much better on Blu-Ray.

I have yet to see a tv that allows cc1 to not be blackboxed. Even on many newer tvs. Furthermore, many deafs still can't afford these big plasma or lcd tvs they are stuck with their old analog tvs.

However the tv I have for some reason would not decode CC from the DVD playing in the internal DVD player.

When I connect the external DVD player to the TV input, (the same TV that has the internal DVD player) it did decode the CC.

Look, I am speak of brand new DVD player. Also I know CC play from TV. Please read forum again.

I have yet to see a tv that allows cc1 to not be blackboxed. Even on many newer tvs. Furthermore, many deafs still can't afford these big plasma or lcd tvs they are stuck with their old analog tvs.

Soon, they will.

i excited i get the tv you have in 2 weeks!! i put it on layaway. do you know if it heavy? i have to take on bus and walk 5 blocks. i hope it not too heavy. i will be careful not to drop it on the snow!!!

i excited i get the tv you have in 2 weeks!! i put it on layaway. do you know if it heavy? i have to take on bus and walk 5 blocks. i hope it not too heavy. i will be careful not to drop it on the snow!!!

It is sorta heavy to carry for 5 blocks. If you have a hand truck, I would suggest you take one with you to help carry the tv. Then again the snow would make it difficult. I would recommend that you have a friend drive you home when you get the tv.

That's correct. no question about this.....

Internal DVD which you called combo, I am not sure how to answer this cause I know all newer DVD do not support the CC signal. My (external) DVD player brought in 2002 do have CC signal and I did brought 2008 (external) DVD Players do not transmit CC signal because of companies think movie not need CC because of subtitles and cheap that way and what if someone bring you the copy (Burner) DVD from the TV show with CC. what will you do?

I have no argument with this cause I have not own any TV with internal DVD player.

I am try spread message that all brand new 2008 DVD player which I did try it out and all of them do not transmit any CC signal to TV. If you want know why then talk to FCC and ask why and I already did. Also I talk to all companies who create DVD and said think that we not need the CC because movies DVD have subtitles but guess what you know the answer.

Okay, anything want to tell me?

I am try spread message that all brand new 2008 DVD player which I did try it out and all of them do not transmit any CC signal to TV. If you want know why then talk to FCC and ask why and I already did. Also I talk to all companies who create DVD and said think that we not need the CC because movies DVD have subtitles but guess what you know the answer.

What is the type of connection you are using? If it is HDMI from DVD player, then no it wont work cause that strips line 21. If you are using cable wire connection, then it should work no matter how new the player is. I bought a DVD player last year (2008) and it works fine if i use the RF modulator so that it goes through cable into tv. However, If I use RCA plugs directly into the tv, it does not decode the CC information which is silly to me. The chip is already in the TV, why not use it for all inputs instead of just cable/antenna input?

What is the type of connection you are using? If it is HDMI from DVD player, then no it wont work cause that strips line 21. If you are using cable wire connection, then it should work no matter how new the player is. I bought a DVD player last year (2008) and it works fine if i use the RF modulator so that it goes through cable into tv. However, If I use RCA plugs directly into the tv, it does not decode the CC information which is silly to me. The chip is already in the TV, why not use it for all inputs instead of just cable/antenna input?

That part I didn't know. I am surprise. However I would like see quality picture use the component (red blue green) which it is work with CC with old model of DVD player plus I tried all new 2008 DVD player not work. I do know HDMI not support CC. Thanks.

That part I didn't know. I am surprise. however I would like see quality picture use the component (red blue green) and I do know HDMI not support CC. Thanks.

As I understand it:

HDMI is best

(red blue gree) is 2nd best - when I had that I thought it was good but i'm sure it's not as good as HDMI since it's not HD.

RCA (yellow) is lowest.

Component cables should work with modern DVD players. You have to set the DVD player output to "Interlace" or "non-progressive" scan via menu screen from DVD player.

HMDI may provide the best video quality but CC cannot be transmitted through HDMI cable.

Component signals support 1920 x 1080 (interlaced only) which is HD resolution. The reason for component to be slightly inferior to HDMI because component signals are analog and HDMI is digital. Digital is cleaner than analog.

Peter

As I understand it:

HDMI is best

(red blue gree) is 2nd best - when I had that I thought it was good but i'm sure it's not as good as HDMI since it's not HD.

RCA (yellow) is lowest.

Also I know too. what the option for me to use CC and the quality picture then the answer is component. I do have HDMI for my PS3. Thanks.

Back