I have moved to my own apartment

racheleggert

Reaction score
Good news is that I have moved to my own apartment back in city over Labor Day weekend. Thats why I have been so quiet becasuse I was busy packing and moving. Its my first time living on my own without roommates. Its great to be back in the city, more close to my work, less hassle with bus (I had to take 3, 4 hours roundtrip between my mom's and work). I also have full social life back. Went to deaf club last Saturday for first time in 2 years. Its great to be back on AD also. Hope everyone had great summer.

For newbies on AD: I am from Minnesota, am deafblind but have some vision left. Feel free to ask anything and I won't bite you.

Hello Rachel,
Welcome back to AD. It's good to hear you've been doing well and making big changes in your life.

See you around.

Congrats Rachel! I am from MN too. I go to the deaf club regularly so perhaps I'll run into you there sometime :)

Congrats, it's always a big step moving out on your own even for people who have hearing and sight.

Welcome to real wold where you live yourself and make your own rule. be naked and wander around whatever you want in your apartment. Cuz you damn own em... I know it's rental, damnit.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Welcome back and glad you got ur own social life back and keep it up! Hope you stay there for a long time, foe now.

Hey Rachel, welcome back to AD and congrats on moving to your own apartment!! I am sure ya are enjoying your newfound freedom.. ya aint the only one with own apartment, I have been presently in my own apartment since mid January this year and am glad as hell to be on my own so I dont have to deal with further stress and more from one of my brothers' spouses (3rd brothers wife is a nutcase)... and working as well.. so all is good for me here on my own in th city.. ya will get back to your own normal routines in no time and more...

You should have a new lock put on your door incase the last person did not return all the keys. When I moved into my first apartment I was painting over the door and a person unlock the door and almost knock me off the ladder! I was totally freaked out ! It was the last person that lived in the apartment and he still had a key! I did not know how to put a new lock in and the landlord was too cheap to do it. Tell your landlord you would like a new lock for safety reason.

welcome back rachel ;) glad you moved into your new apartment it must be exciting.. ;) yeah about lock better to change or ask landlord see if they already changed locks before you moved in tho :) my summer was not bad.. but should had been better but oh well probably next summer will be better ;)

Yep, it's for safety reason.. Recommend ask the landlord, that I moved into the disability's federal housing.. I requested the lock changes, they waived for lock changes.. Most of keyboxes with keypad hanged on puller bar on the door for PCAs and caregivers.

Back