I have an addiction....

Southern

Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty stupid too. So i got my tax refund back and it was better than i expected, by a long shot! So the plan was, give my mom some of it because she has been helping me financially here and there. Get a new tattoo. Buy some clothes, clearance only. Have a weekend of fun with my bestfriend, and save the rest. Well i cant stop buying shit. It's like I know i have this money and why the hell let it just sit there. My budget for clothes i have already spent, 3 times over. I still havent gotten my tattoo, (that's wednesday WOO HOO!!), given my mom money, OR had my twin weekend with my best friend, (we are known as twins cause we have almost this psycic connection). WTF is wrong with me. I do very well when i am broke as hell and know i cannot under any circumstances buy anything but necessities. The clothes i got are super hott though! OMG it is crazy i love them, in fact i am wearing a new outfit now.
ANYWAY just like last year i fear i will spend it all in a few weeks and be back to struggling to make ends meet. I got my refund the same day as payday at work. Before then i was negative 31.00 in my bank account, had 78 cents in my pocket, not enough gas to get me home, and no food. Now i am spending away like i am this rich bitch or something.
I think i just talked a little sense into myself. Thinking back on this past month and how awful my finances were... yeah i dont want to be there again. I hope that i can control myself better and start saving like i always tell myself i can. We shall see.

Yeah it's pretty stupid too. So i got my tax refund back and it was better than i expected, by a long shot! So the plan was, give my mom some of it because she has been helping me financially here and there. Get a new tattoo. Buy some clothes, clearance only. Have a weekend of fun with my bestfriend, and save the rest. Well i cant stop buying shit. It's like I know i have this money and why the hell let it just sit there. My budget for clothes i have already spent, 3 times over. I still havent gotten my tattoo, (that's wednesday WOO HOO!!), given my mom money, OR had my twin weekend with my best friend, (we are known as twins cause we have almost this psycic connection). WTF is wrong with me. I do very well when i am broke as hell and know i cannot under any circumstances buy anything but necessities. The clothes i got are super hott though! OMG it is crazy i love them, in fact i am wearing a new outfit now.
ANYWAY just like last year i fear i will spend it all in a few weeks and be back to struggling to make ends meet. I got my refund the same day as payday at work. Before then i was negative 31.00 in my bank account, had 78 cents in my pocket, not enough gas to get me home, and no food. Now i am spending away like i am this rich bitch or something.
I think i just talked a little sense into myself. Thinking back on this past month and how awful my finances were... yeah i dont want to be there again. I hope that i can control myself better and start saving like i always tell myself i can. We shall see.

I know what you mean, I've been there msyelf. I am working on changing that about myself. I dont understand why that happens but it does so just have to be careful not to spend it when we want to.

that's why my hubby controls all the finances, he is more level headed than I am and spends it on stuff like new tirers cause the ones on our car have wires showing and a new gas line cause it is leaking right by the gas tank and a new washer cause our old one busted and a water drinking cooler so we spend less on jugs instead of bottled water and groceries that can be stored in the deeo freeze so when we have a bad payday we have something to fall back on and veterinarian bills for our sick dogs, the list can go on forever and I am glad he can take care of things like this and not just blow it. I sympathize with you, I hope you can stop before it's too late.

Yep I know been there and done that. But this year. I gotta pay my bills and foods. My son and I went to the movie just for fun but no more.

ouch you not alone i have been there and now i learn my lesson not to spend what i DON'T need OY!!!!!!

Same here -- But I am on the better side now. I have saved a lot, you would be surprised on how much you have saved, if you have saved for a while -- just let it sit in the bank or whatever.

For me, I am more sensible on what you're spending on. Things that you don't need is not necessary. Right now, I am due to move out, and that would change a bit, but have to be careful on what I spend on. I know it would be quite hard.

Good luck.

Simple: give me your money. :) Then when you want me to give you your money, I will ask what for, who, when, why, how come, etc, etc, etc. Enough to make you change your mind.

Oh yeah....I'm a tightwad. Anytime money comes into my wallet, it usually stays in there with 30% spent on necessities.

I do not like spending money as I view it wasteful.

Simple: give me your money. :) Then when you want me to give you your money, I will ask what for, who, when, why, how come, etc, etc, etc. Enough to make you change your mind.

Oh yeah....I'm a tightwad. Anytime money comes into my wallet, it usually stays in there with 30% spent on necessities.

I do not like spending money as I view it wasteful.

LOL! i was waiting for some one to say that. I will keep my little bit of money but thanks! LOL =)

I dont spend on myself all year and when i am able i loose my mind. So as long as i do like i normally do and stay away from the mall i think i will be alright.... i think.... lol

I don't know how often you spoil yourself, but I think it is good to buy things for yourself now and again, because you deserve it. You are also obviously happy with your new clothes and I am sure you will be happy with your new tattoo.

But, if you are concerned about how quickly you spend money, then perhaps you can start saving money if you tell yourself that in future, you will only buy clothes when needed? Even if your clothes are six months old, I am sure you would still keep up with the fashion trend..:)

well you're right i dont spoil myself often. And i still have clothes that i wear from highschool, (10 years ago), so it isnt like i spend all the time. It's just sometimes i cannot stop myself. I think that it is because i normally cant. Kinda like if you are starving you over eat because you dont know when you will eat again...

Well everyone have the addiction, it's normal..

And I understand how you feel about the money, I was terrible at saving the money but I always find a way to save the money like saving the coins in a jar and never use it. I, personally, never use any coin to shop, only the bill. I save all the coin till I really need them. Most of the time, every month about at first 2 weeks, I have the money till last other 2 weeks I don't have money. It's just going circle like that every month, also I believe the money doesn't make me happy, it's me that makes me happy :)

There are lot of people that have different way to save the money, I know one person told me that he just leave it in the credit card so he only can shop at anyplace that have credit card machine. He was doing it to quit the drugs and it works for him!

Try harder and you will find your way :)

oh aw, been there and done that. i had a hard time to save my money but my sister, my friends taught me to not spend anything and they always say that you know it's easy to spend, hard to save...well, think opposite of it so i did and i am getting better at saving money. ask your friend or family who you trust to help you to save money for you so you dont have to go all manic and spend it on everything like paris hilton ;)

by the way, do not let your desire get you.

Aw, Been there too, So now I am doing much better keeping my budget intact and spend more wisely what I needs. My bills come first and my child. So we have to becareful not to "over spend" as much as we want to. :)

It's pain the neck for any of us to watch out where our money go out.

But, something that make you feel good about yourself what you buy. A rule thumb is that you NEED something to buy. Never use the word "WANT." That's a whole different story.

You wouldn't want to wear 20-years-old clothes in front of people.

I met a 60-years-old woman wear old fashion clothes that she hasn't bought for 40 years. She earned so much money in her bank. It is a big mistake. I tell you why - she is 62 years old now, and her mind started losing. Of course, she missed her fun life. It is more important for you to spend some money that make you happy. Saving 1 million dollars in the bank until 72 years old and very short life that missed the real opportunity for fun. Keep that in your mind.

Oh, I heard some bells from an ice cream truck outside. I gotta go!

P.S. You really need to affirm not to go a tattoo shop. Tattoo is really not important.
Nowadays, many girls don't care about the tattoo anymore. It's old era. They really care someone who has plenty of money. That's the reality.

Back