I have a questions.

rumblebear88

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have not been on alldeaf for long time. Hope you doing well and I am doing good. My questions was on my Facebook page yesterday and no one answer my questions so I decide to put my questions here and hope you able to answer my questions. Thanks!

Here is my questions.
One of my sweet and good friend that I met her online few months ago. Her mother in law gone deaf from radiation and my good friend want to know any devices that she and her mother in law communicate (her mother in law able to read what her daughter in law saying). Do you know any devices?? I appreciated that your help. Thanks!

And I have a question for you , how do you become so close to a stranger on line in 2 months and start calling them a 'sweet and dear friend'?

They can text on cell phones and computers, or hand write notes. I assume the mother-in-law still speaks? Is the mother-in-law living at home with the daughter-in-law? It might be handy to keep a chalk or marker board there for quick notes.

Is her deafness permanent?

In what country do they live? Some countries have TTY relay services they can use to keep in touch by telephone.

Wait a minute . . .

Four posts in nine years?

Something with a full keyboard, like a Blackberry or one of these. A little spiral bound notepad with a place to hold a mechanical pencil could also be helpful.

And I have a question for you , how do you become so close to a stranger on line in 2 months and start calling them a 'sweet and dear friend'?

She is my good friend and always find good freebies for me all the time and always give me the links and I always enter her blog (giveaway). She is in my freebies group too.

My friend explain to me that she has to speak aloud at her mother in law's ear closely so she wants to have devices to speak on it so let her mother in law read easier than speak loud in her ear.

Er.... I don't quite understand. Are you saying she wants something she can speak aloud into that will turn what she said into text for her MiL to read? Speech to text?

I suggest Dragon software (it's free on iphone/ipad but you need wifi). I also used a bluetooth keyboard with a mini-laptop on the Word program before tablets were popular.
You said she can hear if she's talking loud into her ear - a hearing aid or a sound amplifier?

I suggest Dragon software (it's free on iphone/ipad but you need wifi). I also used a bluetooth keyboard with a mini-laptop on the Word program before tablets were popular.
You said she can hear if she's talking loud into her ear - a hearing aid or a sound amplifier?

Yeah, I'm getting that impression too. It sounds like her MIL has a fair amount of residual hearing left. DIL should encourage her to see an audiologist.

I see this question pop up all the time for some reason... Are people in this century still not aware of texting or my oh so favorite "you're deaf, so you can't speak obviously so my first move is to hand you a sheet of paper to write everything down" move... Omg those people that hand me paper when I say I'm deaf without even trying to let me talk... :mad::rl::mad2:

Back