I have a question

Oh that's really good. And I wasn't implying that she's not happy at her current placement or anything like that. Most of my suggestions are just for later, when she's a bit older. She may never need stuff like that. .She's still young, and I'm glad she's doing awesome! You haven't had any issues with the school being kind of stingy with accomondations or anything? You may want to check this link out: DeafHoosiers
They have outreach services specificly for dhh kids!!!!

Oh that's really good. And I wasn't implying that she's not happy at her current placement or anything like that. Most of my suggestions are just for later, when she's a bit older. She may never need stuff like that. .She's still young, and I'm glad she's doing awesome! You haven't had any issues with the school being kind of stingy with accomondations or anything? You may want to check this link out: DeafHoosiers
They have outreach services specificly for dhh kids!!!!

Thanks sweetie!! :ty: I've bookmarked the site and will check it out now

Neyo jayz

I'm HOH and my Eldest is HOH too. My youngest is 4.5 and has a speech impediment that is not related to hearing. I'm taking an ASL class in September. Would teaching a hearing child who has trouble speaking be a good idea? I was thinking it would help even I who have trouble understanding her when she's garbling her words.

can u add me id neyo_jayz@yahoo.com i am waiting for your mail, we better talk well..can u call me name neyo. i am deaf and dumb....Good day to u

I'm HOH and my Eldest is HOH too. My youngest is 4.5 and has a speech impediment that is not related to hearing. I'm taking an ASL class in September. Would teaching a hearing child who has trouble speaking be a good idea? I was thinking it would help even I who have trouble understanding her when she's garbling her words.

It would be beneficial not just for your child, but for the whole family.

I think it is a grand idea to teach a child a second language, whether they are Deaf or Hearing, it will help the child be understood when she is not able to speak clearly. Good luck and please keep us all posted on the results! =)

Yeah, never bad to teach a child a second language- in fact, it helps!
I grew up with a speech impediment unrelated to hearing loss, and I took years and years of speech therapy. My mom started teaching me ASL when I was younger because she took classes, all pre-hearing loss :D

I think it's a great idea to teach ASL to children who are hard of hearing and who are even hearing! What's the harm?

Have fun and good luck!

Back