I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecooncat

Reaction score
How do I know who is telling the truth from online? This is my main source as of right now. From where I live is a small town so it doesn't do me any good. I'll keep searching for any Christian Deaf/HOH so I can join with them.

How do I know who is telling the truth from online? This is my main source as of right now. From where I live is a small town so it doesn't do me any good. I'll keep searching for any Christian Deaf/HOH so I can join with them.

Good question....I have no clue. There's only one place it can be discuss at this AD where the Christian/Religions Forums are. It would be interestin' to see what others might have. :)

Online is very hard to know whether someone is telling the truth, it's too easy for hateful people to lie. The best way to understand the truth is to prove to yourself (through study and prayer) that what you HAVE found is the truth... also you need to use common sense, and not ALWAYS believe everything people say.

The first thing to check is the main menu of the home page of a site. There's usually a tab or button called "About Us" or "Who We Are". Check it out.

Also, they should clearly post their "Mission Statement" or "What We Believe" or "Doctrines."

Check out "Our Staff" or "Our Founders" or "Board of Directors".

Look at their links. Do they link to other sources that you are already comfortable with?

Is there an emphasis on an individual or small elite group of individuals rather than the Bible?

Read the FAQs of the site. Do their answers match what you already know to be truth?

Ask someone whom you trust.

That's not a perfect way to check a website but it is a way to weed out some of the obvious bad ones.

I hope you can find a good church soon. Real live fellowship is much better than online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back