I have a question to those of you with a Sidekick . . .

Helidore1983

Reaction score
Are they all about the same? I need a new cell phone, and I use messaging a lot, need the internet, and stuff, and want to change providers because they are not sensitive to the fact that I wear HA's and need a HA compatible phone. Sooooo . . . . Are all Sidekicks about the same? I need one that can message and use internet good, but don't want to buy the most expensive one unless it is necessary. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Are they all about the same? I need a new cell phone, and I use messaging a lot, need the internet, and stuff, and want to change providers because they are not sensitive to the fact that I wear HA's and need a HA compatible phone. Sooooo . . . . Are all Sidekicks about the same? I need one that can message and use internet good, but don't want to buy the most expensive one unless it is necessary. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I have sidekick 2 for about 3 years now and I use the speaker phone to hear since I use CI and no problem so far. Since they are now new Sidekick I thin they are pretty much the same only just adding size and better picture. But my sidekick 2 getting old waiting for it to break down and thinking of getting wing cell phone pager or new BlackBerry® Curve 8310 - Red, or Moto Q(TM) Global since I heard they are pretty good when I travel. My sidekick 2 limit that traveling distance when tower go out where I go for travel.

I agree with garnet the range of the sidekick's are very limited. I have the sidekick3 waiting for the right time to trade it in for a better satelite working cellphone. Currently, I need to be patient and the right timing to do so. I would get the satelite working cell phone bec of better coverage and service. The thing that ticks me off on the sidekick is that I always lose signal and no service. Go with what will suite your needs, you want to have service available it might be a little pricy check into the phone plans carefully. Good luck!

thanks, i didn't know that about the sidekick. i had an asl teacher who used hers all the time, even during the class, and the reception is not so great in there so i guess i just would've never guessed. lol. thanks!

Back