I have a question about SprintIP on aim...

Silentwolfdog

Reaction score
I have a cellphone which is Blackberry Curve 8310 and my service is AT&T.

I have added SprintIP to the buddy list on my cellphone. I went to the website to find more information about it.

I was wondering if it was free to use SprintIP (at no cost) even if I use a different service for my cellphone?

And also, on website it explains how you can register to get incoming voice calls. What is that? And how does it works?

They did not give any information on that, just an explanation of how to apply for it.

Is the process of using SprintIP very slow? Do hearing people generally tolerant it well especially if you are a customer?

Also, since I am new to my cellphone, do anyone know of any other deaf thingy that I can benefit from when using my cellphone?

All those years I was stuck with TTY so I am outdated when it comes to a cellphone. ^^;

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, i dont like use relay on aim or cellphone bec they re wayyy slow. Plus my hearing friends and family said it very slow. I prefer to use relays on my laptop bec it s faster than using my cellphone. I use cellphone for emergency or need to get in touch with my hearing buddies asap. But the irony is most of my hearing buddies prefer me to text them instead of calling them via relay. oh well.

I understand what do you mean by that but have you try SIPRelay without GA or SK?

My parents like that than another IP Relay, it slow like TTY time.

To be honest, i dont like use relay on aim or cellphone bec they re wayyy slow. Plus my hearing friends and family said it very slow. I prefer to use relays on my laptop bec it s faster than using my cellphone. I use cellphone for emergency or need to get in touch with my hearing buddies asap. But the irony is most of my hearing buddies prefer me to text them instead of calling them via relay. oh well.

On cellphone IM have 2 methods to transmit and recieve messages.

Most build in AIM or MSN uses SMS txt messages which using regular cellphone signal to send and recieve message that is very slow and can take time. Cell companies like this because they want to charge you for each message if you are not on a unlimited plan.

Third party or downloadable AIM or MSN for smartphone or PDA or PPC uses cellphone data signal to send and recieve message which is about the same speed as your regular computer recieves when using IM on it. Much faster than a built in SMS AIM.

It is highly recommend that you check to see if your cell AIM is using SMS txt message or data to send and receive messages. If it using SMS then I suggest you find a downloadable program or purchase a IM that support data if you have unlimited data plan on your cellphone.

SprintIP

For additional information on SprintIP via AIM and how to receive AIM call, check it out at www.sprintip.com. There are a couple of links on how to use AIM.

For general information about Sprint products, go to Sprint Relay.

If you need additional information, you can email to Sprint TRS Customer Service at Sprint.TRSCustServ@sprint.com or call at800-676-3777 TTY/Voice.

SprintIP service is available at no cost.

Thanks.

I have a cellphone which is Blackberry Curve 8310 and my service is AT&T.

I have added SprintIP to the buddy list on my cellphone. I went to the website to find more information about it.

I was wondering if it was free to use SprintIP (at no cost) even if I use a different service for my cellphone?

And also, on website it explains how you can register to get incoming voice calls. What is that? And how does it works?

They did not give any information on that, just an explanation of how to apply for it.

Is the process of using SprintIP very slow? Do hearing people generally tolerant it well especially if you are a customer?

Also, since I am new to my cellphone, do anyone know of any other deaf thingy that I can benefit from when using my cellphone?

All those years I was stuck with TTY so I am outdated when it comes to a cellphone. ^^;

Thanks in advance.

I see thank you for the info SprintIP.

On cellphone IM have 2 methods to transmit and recieve messages.

Most build in AIM or MSN uses SMS txt messages which using regular cellphone signal to send and recieve message that is very slow and can take time. Cell companies like this because they want to charge you for each message if you are not on a unlimited plan.

Third party or downloadable AIM or MSN for smartphone or PDA or PPC uses cellphone data signal to send and recieve message which is about the same speed as your regular computer recieves when using IM on it. Much faster than a built in SMS AIM.

It is highly recommend that you check to see if your cell AIM is using SMS txt message or data to send and receive messages. If it using SMS then I suggest you find a downloadable program or purchase a IM that support data if you have unlimited data plan on your cellphone.

Does OZ Communication Inc counts as seperate thing from SMS? I am not sure how to find out if my IM is using SMS feature or not.

Also does anyone know what this message means?

"The application InstantMessaging is attempting to access phone information. Would you like to allow access?
Vendor Name: OZ Communications, Inc."
So...should I allow this? Since I get it each time someone IM me.

Does OZ Communication Inc counts as seperate thing from SMS? I am not sure how to find out if my IM is using SMS feature or not.

"The application InstantMessaging is attempting to access phone information. Would you like to allow access?

I believe OZ Commuication use SMS txt message that why it so slow and your getting a warning that they want to access your sms phone,

You might check some Blackberry IM and I think someone here on this forum did post some good Blackberry IM to download and try out. I think it was called Beejive or something BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go download it and try it for free for few days and see how you like it or not but it should be much faster than OZ Commuication IM.

OZ Communications software use SMS OZ did not use TCP/IP and EDGE/GPRS data

Back