I have a friend who needs a prayers from you..it's for her dog Simba.

Unegawahya

Reaction score
It's very hurtful that something happens to her dog. He's 12 years old and still in hospital. Right now, my friend and her dog need your prayers and healing thoughts. It's sad when she emailed me and weeps. The vet thought "toxic" poison. This dog, Simba, knows sign language and understands what you would say to him. I used to joke that dogs can't possible understand the bad language or middle finger. I was amazed he DOES understand and GROWLS. My mouth dropped in awe. Wow. Gotta luv that dog. He's a cutie. He's still in the hospital since Thursday, June 1st evening. I was angry because when she emailed me that the ER vet sent him home with IV bag. I told her to send him back to the regular vet. That ER vet was stupid enuff to send home the animals who are unable to move. He couldn't move except he slowly moves his head. Now he's staying in the hospital for good and we hope he'll be okay soon and recovers faster. He's a very smart dog. Anything you can say, I can forward these to her email. We all feel very sad for her and her dog. She has him since he was a puppy.

Get Well Soon...(pls print this and give it to ur friend from me) I will be praying for you...

getwellsoon1rt.jpg

FYI...antifreeze is VERY toxic to dogs and cats. It tastes sweet to them. The antifreeze, even small amounts, can cause kidney failure.

Sometimes people who don't like dogs or cats will put some antifreeze outside to harm them.

Just wanted to let y'all know.

Hope Simba gets better soon!

Aww... Tell our friend, she and Simba are in our thoughts and prayers..

yes, you are right.. that its wrong to sent a unable or sick animal that just treated by vet/er vet.. sent home with iv? sound not right..
Go and help her if she needs about trying to sent back to vet, explain vet or er vet that its not apporiate to sent weakly animal home with iv..

hang in there..

Oh ouchies, I hope your friend's dog get well. My prayers and thoughts to your friend and Simba.

Tell Simba, I pray her dog will get better and God Bless, also tell Simba that God and The Lord Jesus Christ does loves her and give her a kiss and a hug for me too.
I love dogs too :) :thumb: God Bless !!!!!! :kiss: :ily: :hug: :angel:

What kind of dog is it? If there is nothing wrong with it then maybe it's time to let it go and not suffering anymore. In fact We own an Italian Greyhound, he is currently at age 18 he does have health problem such as heart condition, he would cough and wheezing. He is also deaf and partly blind. Otherwise he is doing just fine. But when we know he is suffering we will have to put him in sleep, we don't want to but we will. We've already plan ahead that we will take him to Keys beach and let him enjoy the view and have his favorite last meal and he will not know that vet will meet us there and once she arrive she will be standing behind when we call her. As he is looking out to beach we will both hug him and let him know we love him dearly and I will signal the vet to go ahead and inject him to put him into sleep from behind. Once he deceased we will prepare him to get ashed then pour his ashes at the exactly spot. :grouphug:

Sadly, Simba passed away at 5:30 p.m. in the hospital. She put an "Away" message in her SKII pager. I know she wants to thank you all for the prayers and healing thoughts. I tried to reach her on AIM but she put in the "Away" status. She's probably mourning now. I will email her. He's a small size mixed breed. I'll ask her what breed he is (I don't say "was" because you know all creatures who passed over are still alive in spirits). It's hard for her to accept the loss of her dog. He's pretty smart as I stated in the first post. She's not planning to have any more dog because it hurts her a lot and she can't accept the deaths too much. She had one dog named Snowball who passed over at the age of 13, a mixed of St. Bernard and German Shepard. Simba has a medium fur size...I better ask her what breed. I did put a link in her email this earlier morning when I woke up. Some wishes our animals would live longest with us.. I dunno why. I thought about giving her a puppy to cheer her up but she doesn't want any more dog as she told me. :(

Nods in silence and May God comfort her and you too, somehow .... My prayers go out to her and to you too.

Yeah she may refuse to accept another dog, as they say "Another dog cannot replace Simba's place." I still feel the same for my former dog, I can't love another dog as much I loved her. I still miss her althought I do love my 2 doggies now... but not much as I loved my former dog.

Give her time and when she is ready, she will get a new puppy for the right reason, at the right time and in the right place.

Her heart and her soul hurt too much right now. God Bless .....

Heath said:
Give her time and when she is ready, she will get a new puppy for the right reason, at the right time and in the right place.

Her heart and her soul hurt too much right now. God Bless .....
I AGREE WITH YOU. {HEATH} IT TAKE TIME TO RECOVER FROM A LONGTIME COMPANION. TIME HEALS SLOWLY AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU ARE REWARDED WITH HAPPY MEMORY.

She thanked you all. Also, she wrote in another message for "Away":

Hello better let him go up. I no want he suffer pain stroke liver heart prblm blood clot I saw dr gave him shot slept I cry simba passed away.

I think I should go to her house tomorrow and see if she needs anything. Yeah, hopefully, she may recover from mourning and suffering, she might reconsider of gettin' another dog but know that it will never replace Simba. It might be hard for her but is hard on all of us because we all miss Simba for its funniest and humorous way of growling at us if we ever say something he didn't like. I don't know why he would have all the three problem: Stroke, liver, and heart problem resulting a heavy blood clot. He was healthy when I met him last week Saturday, he was barking and jumping around..sniffing his tail. <sigh> He posed for pics all the time since he was a pup, a pretty smart dog. I don't know how he does it all the way until his passing.

Whitewolf1970 said:
She thanked you all. Also, she wrote in another message for "Away":

I think I should go to her house tomorrow and see if she needs anything. Yeah, hopefully, she may recover from mourning and suffering, she might reconsider of gettin' another dog but know that it will never replace Simba. It might be hard for her but is hard on all of us because we all miss Simba for its funniest and humorous way of growling at us if we ever say something he didn't like. I don't know why he would have all the three problem: Stroke, liver, and heart problem resulting a heavy blood clot. He was healthy when I met him last week Saturday, he was barking and jumping around..sniffing his tail. <sigh> He posed for pics all the time since he was a pup, a pretty smart dog. I don't know how he does it all the way until his passing.

DANG! :pissed: at someone for poison Simba! Can your friend find out who did it?

I am so sorry she has to go through this...I wish I could fly over there and give her big :hug:

Maybe you should give her some time to grieve over with Simba then few weeks u can ask her abt getting puppy...

coloravalanche, yeah., it could be but it could be something else. Probably underlying health problem he may had. Could be poison, could be something. We may never know. My friend and I chatted for a while on live AIM until almost 2:40 a.m. Simba is a Yolkie Terrier breed. A small size canine. I tried to cheer her up as much as I can on AIM, still it hurts her a lot. I told her to remember the good times she shared with Simba, not the sad moment. She thanked me. I told her if she would like, I can upload a pic to my friend's website which my friend made a tribute pages for all animals. You can go there, contact Traci or her friend, and ask her to load up your pic of your beloved pet.

Two of my cats are on it, Lucky and Garfield:

http://cathelp-online.com/felinetc/memory4.php

Anyone who needs a Rainbow Bridge, here it is:

http://cathelp-online.com/felinetc/rainbowbridge.php

I am so sorry to hear that your dog passed away. I believe that the Vet wanted you to bring your dog home because I think that the Vet didn't want to tell you that your dog was dying, and in that way, you would hold your dog in your arms... I cannot imagine that your dog was intelligent...

My mother held her old dog waiting for my sister to come home from school. The dog passed away, and he never had a chance to see her. That was 25 years ago. We had to put it in the box and put it in the garage during the winter because the ground is frozen. It was awful, but we had to get over with it.

Yolkie Terrier breed - I think that spelling is Yorkshire Terrier (or Yorkie). Like this photo that I found on google:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whitewolf1970 said:
Simba is aYolkie Terrier breed. A small size canine.
Oooooops. <blushed> Simba is a Norfolk Terrier Mixed breed. She emailed me when she saw this....my bad. She sent me a few pics. I will talk to Tracy at the cat help board to help put a pic on her site. It's sad. My friend's name is Sylvia as she let me know her name can be on it.

Whitewolf1970 said:
Oooooops. <blushed> Simba is a Norfolk Terrier Mixed breed. She emailed me when she saw this....my bad. She sent me a few pics. I will talk to Tracy at the cat help board to help put a pic on her site. It's sad. My friend's name is Sylvia as she let me know her name can be on it.
Here's the pic of Simba.

Attachments

• sIMBA.jpg
    sIMBA.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3
God Bless Ya Simba! (sign) Heh heh... :p

Tell your friend to take it easy. I know it hurts to lose her friend's dog. Very sad indeed. Just don't rush youself on getting a new dog.

Back