I have a crush on a deaf girl.

Classicalbird

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm hearing, 19, and a freshmen at college. I just have some feelings I want to write and clear my head out a little. I'll write about a deaf girl that attends the same school that I do. :wave:

She caught my eyes the first day of class as she clumsily walked in with her translator. We gave each other just small glances for a couple months, but I wanted a lot more, and she may have also. The beginning of November is when I kind of started pushing myself closer to her. I gave her a smile and a wave, she did the same. That was very hard for me to do being a quiet and shy person who doesn't really talk to anyone. Skip a week and I some how found the courage to talk to her. I went near the little spot she hangs out in between classes, then I pointed at myself then to a seat at a table she was sitting, asking if I could sit with her. I grabbed a piece of paper, and wrote, "hi". She gave me the sweetest and warmest hi that anyone could give. I think it was that moment when I fell in love with her. We had a nice and simple little conversation, and I hinted to her that I would like to get to know her better. She hinted back that would be fine.

She's so beautiful and special. She has brown hair and dark blue eyes that look like clay. I hope I don't sound like a creep, but Ive kept an eye on her because of how she has me thinking about her all the time. She's a very clumsy person:
She often looses her duck footing and stumbles, dropping her things (which I find very adorable). One thing that I really love about her is the enthusiasm that radiates off of her as she signs and reads her romance novels. When she signs, she uses her whole body and rocks it side to side in a motion that resembles that of what a mermaid would look like swimming.

Anyway, a couple weeks after I first spoken to her, I sat with her again, tore out a paper and said "hi". This time was different. I flirted with her a little bit: I showed her a gif of a puppy and she made the sign for "cute", I asked her what that meant, then after she told me, then I pointed to her and made the sign for cute. She laughed, blushed a little, and said thank you. Her laugh broke my heart. The timbre in the voice she can't hear is so calming and beautiful. After getting her number and a little more flirting and looking into each others eyes, I left.

About a week after that we had another little simple conversation.

We look at each other everyday. Just this week on Wednesday, I approached her, this time with a goal other than just talking. I asked her out on a date! Something I've never done. She was surprised, as it does seem she doesn't get any attention from guys other than me. She asked me what would we do. I told her I don't go on dates so I don't know, she said the same. We were trying to plan a date but there really isn't much in this small town, she said shed like to see a movie but the local movie theater doesn't play many movies with closed captions and we'd have to drive quite a distance to one that does. I told her id like to do anything as long as I was with her.

We still have a couple of weeks to plan out date so it will all be fine. After talking for a while we walked to class together, starting into each other's eyes.

Last edited:
Get yourself a vehicle with turbocharged engine. Show her as many gif. As you can of vehicles with turbocharged engine. Tell her that you think vehicles with turbocharged engine are the best thing EVER. Find drag strips where deaf people brag about their turbocharged vehicles. Share a laughter with them.

Do you like to bowl , that would be fun to do for a date , if there is any place to bowl.

If the theater does not have captioning devices they are actually in violation of the ADA... I would go and ask the theater manager personally if they have some type of caption services for their movies. also Captionfish.com can be used to find movies with captions...

why so long plan a date,a walk in park a coffee just get to know each other or seem like you planning battle....you don't need money have date

start small, ask her out for a coffee.....(if at the same campus , go there...) easier

That is sweet :) I am similarly smitten with my deaf girl, whom I first fell in love with on sight in 2006 :) We were already internet friends, but when she stepped off the train to visit me, I knew right then I was looking at the love of my life.

Curious, was she born deaf? If she is late deafened, and has poor balance, she might have NF2, which is quite rare. My girlfriend has it, she went deaf as a teen. Unusual clumbsiness and balance problems are a common issue with this condition. It is always interesting to run Into another NF2er. Of course, your lady probably has some other reason she is deaf.

Best of luck to you both!

It just feels so wonderful, doesn't it ShadowOfMonet?:lol:

And we haven't spoken about her hearing at all, so I'm not quite sure. But, it doesn't seem like a balance issue. I think she may just be a clumsy person. :p

if you tell her she clumsy you may find you waiting along time for date

Back