I have a cold and need help.

If you can get someone to massage the back sides of your neck up to the base of your skull it might give you some relief. I used to do that for a girlfriend all the time and she said it helped.

I also agree with the others that you should go to your primary care.

I've had a sinus infection. Maybe mine was severe, but otherwise I'd say 'trust me, you'll know'. Agonizing pressure inside your face. You'll want to get a drill and drill a hole in your face to let it out. I was at university and got dragged out to go bowling or something, I just sat there with tears in my eyes such was the pain.

If you're congested, I use stuff like Dristan nasal mist which tends to clear me out in a few minutes. However if I'm runny and nothing is stopping it I've found going for a brief walk outside does wonders.

I've had a sinus infection. Maybe mine was severe, but otherwise I'd say 'trust me, you'll know'. Agonizing pressure inside your face. You'll want to get a drill and drill a hole in your face to let it out. I was at university and got dragged out to go bowling or something, I just sat there with tears in my eyes such was the pain.

If you're congested, I use stuff like Dristan nasal mist which tends to clear me out in a few minutes. However if I'm runny and nothing is stopping it I've found going for a brief walk outside does wonders.
\

Which is why I prefer winter colds to summer colds. I like to step out in the brisk cold to clear my sinuses.

There is no clear air in the valley hahaha it's all polluted here. Good news I woke up and it's not as bad anymore. I can now inhale through my nose, but can't exhale. I'm still trying to do a walk in today. Oh and no metallic taste and no one to do that massage thing, but thank you all. :)

you gotta see a doc if it been more then 5 days. If doc says just ride it out, its time to get drunk with few glasses. Alcohol seems to help after a week long cold.

Yea today is the 6th day which is why I'm going to head over to the clinic in a little bit because I know they're going to be packed with appointments right now and I won't get seen.

Hmm. Maybe vitamins would help. My mom was a mineral nazi (my mom's family are full of nurses, including granny). She takes fish oil, calcium, vitamin B/C/D/E, countless others. It is very rare for her to get sick.

They even encourage you to take vitamin B6/B12 complex pills and other one at detox and drug/alcohol-related centers for Rehab. No, encouragement is a wrong word. It is mandatory.

Just a thought.

Ok, well thank you. I went and they said there wasn't really anything they can do. They said I didn't need to take any antibiotics, but I am still a little sick. I still feel a little congested, but not as much as a couple days ago.

colds are caused viruses so antibiotics wouldn't help with that. Just keep taking some mucinex, try a nasal sinus rinse to see if that helps clear out your sinus a bit... drink hot drinks (hot tea, etc.) or have some hot soup, take a hot shower and let the steam clear out your sinus. Colds don't go away after 24 hours, it takes a few days, sometimes even 2 weeks, to fully get over a cold.

omg...why did you not finish them that irresponsile and taking antibiotics after one month old wont work,plus different infections different anti biotics..a cold virus will go within a week if take antibiotics gone in seven days if you dont..
if you unhappy with advice or get asthma go to doctor

Antibiotics won't help a cold. Colds are cause by a virus.

Back