I have 6 minutes..

pinkster

Reaction score
to tell you some good news!!!

As you know I've been out looking for a new job, I applied at Walgreens (similar to CVS), Hollywood Video, and Home Depot. I also filled out applications for 4 other places but had not dropped them off. I havent heard from Walgreens or Hollywood, but.....

Sunday I applied at home depot (online) and then MONDAY they called me!! Megladon set up an interview for this past Wednesday. I went, and the guy told me to call him on Monday, possibly to offer me a job. I was like, why cant you just offer it to me now (nervous laugh) he said he has to keep me in suspense! THat naughty guy! But really, I had a good interview - we laughed a lot and stuff.

But the truth is.. He offered me the job on the spot!! So I took my drug test yesterday, and when the background check and the drug test come through clean, they'll set up orientation!!! When that happens, I'll put my resignation in at my current job, and I'll try to be as dignified as I can =X But,

I GOT THE JOB!!!​
So I'll be wearing the orange apron in no time :)

Congrats!!! Let's :cheers: :dj: :beer: :party: !!! You can kiss that old job goodbye!!! No more bitchy boss!!!

pinkster said:

As you know I've been out looking for a new job, I applied at Walgreens (similar to CVS), Hollywood Video, and Home Depot. I also filled out applications for 4 other places but had not dropped them off. I havent heard from Walgreens or Hollywood, but.....

Sunday I applied at home depot (online) and then MONDAY they called me!! Megladon set up an interview for this past Wednesday. I went, and the guy told me to call him on Monday, possibly to offer me a job. I was like, why cant you just offer it to me now (nervous laugh) he said he has to keep me in suspense! THat naughty guy! But really, I had a good interview - we laughed a lot and stuff.

But the truth is.. He offered me the job on the spot!! So I took my drug test yesterday, and when the background check and the drug test come through clean, they'll set up orientation!!! When that happens, I'll put my resignation in at my current job, and I'll try to be as dignified as I can =X But,

I GOT THE JOB!!!​

Congrats!!! You will really enjoy working for HD!! Home Depot is like a 2nd home to me. I love shopping @ HD!!!

pinkster said:

I GOT THE JOB!!!​

Do you get discount if you go shopping in HD?? Just wondering. :D

Congratulations, pinkster on getting hired by Home Depot! :)

I don't live far from the company's worldwide headquarters in suburban Atlanta, and close to many, many store locations throughout the suburbs!

Pomeranian - in most cases, employees at Home Depot do get discounts at the stores. From what I can say is that Home Depot is a good company to work for, than it is at places like Wal-Mart!

Heyyyy Pinkster, congratulations on the new job! I live right near a Home Depot. I considered working there at one point. I could always apply there and see what develops. :) Congrats again, and enjoy yourself there. Does this mean you have to know everything about tools and paint samples and carpeting, and tile, and all that? ;)

congrats for u getting the job and good luck with that job long term. :)

Congratulations! I just started a new job myself a couple weeks back and I must say although it may be difficult to bite your tongue and resign w/out a a dig, 'tis better to show decorum and not burn bridges. Good luck at the new job and wear that orange apron with pride!

Congrats!!!! But is that what you are going to do forever? Working
at Home Depot and other places like that?
Do you have any goal or something?

What about Health Benefit and Social Security and stuff like that? :|

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Congrats!!!! But is that what you are going to do forever? Working
at Home Depot and other places like that?
Do you have any goal or something?

What about Health Benefit and Social Security and stuff like that? :|

once again.. it's not ur business to ask her if she wants to answer that she wud say something about that but why u are asking questions? :roll:

My cousins work places like that... and
they always jump from one job to another.

And they are almost age 50. They will work and work and work
til they are too old... and not ever retired.

And my Aunt, she is 64 years old, and she is still working....
She is working at the IRS... and she can't even retire.
Because it is a seasonal job.

miss P knock it off and let her celebrate the fact she has a new job as a matter of fact u dont need to be nosy on what she wants to do with her life, shes doing her best by earning money and not depending on poeple and last of all u dont need to be criticzing someone who wants to make a change of job venue this is her life and her right so please lay off the negtivity and let her celebrate thankyouverymuch!

PInkster Congrats on your new job propective and please ingore any comments Miss P makes shes always finding faults and negtivity towards poeple.... u go grrl u deserved better than what u recently went thru ur in my thoughts! :grouphug: from all of us here in hawaii :)

Back