I have 2 questions...

hellos245

Reaction score
:wave: I have some questions Ive been wanting to ask...

Serious questions:

1. What is the Deaf's perspective of a hearing family adopting a Deaf child?

2. What is your perspective of a hearing person just coming into the community and trying to be apart of it?

:ty:

:wave: I have some questions Ive been wanting to ask...

Serious questions:

1. What is the Deaf's perspective of a hearing family adopting a Deaf child?
For me. I would say: It has happened and there have been both good things and some not so good things happen. For one, I would hope that the adoptive family would make sure that the deaf child had a full toolbox approach to learning. Make sure they learn ASL or the sign language of their country.

2. What is your perspective of a hearing person just coming into the community and trying to be apart of it? I would think that it would be okay for a hearing person to try and be a part of the deaf community, just keep in mind, that the deaf community is primarily composed of the deaf. CODA's are also a part of it and they are hearing.

:ty:

I myself am relatively new to all of this (5 years new) and am learning more and more daily here on AllDeaf. I think these were good questions and I hope I was correct in my assumptions, but if not, I know I will hear from the experts (those who have been a part of it longer than me).

Ok...

I myself am relatively new to all of this (5 years new) and am learning more and more daily here on AllDeaf. I think these were good questions and I hope I was correct in my assumptions, but if not, I know I will hear from the experts (those who have been a part of it longer than me).

I guess I should have put in there, I would definitely make sure the Deaf child knew ASL and I would keep the Culture in her life as much as I could. I would also make sure the hearing knew, I dont want the child to feel left out in any way.

Back