I hate this........

posts from hell

Reaction score
So here I am looking at the jobs section for something simple to do. Mostly labor. I generally want to do golf course labor.

So, I find this...
Summer retail sales position: Experiance in retail sails and knowledgable in construction, Basic computor skill. Part time 25 to 35 hour per week,

That was the entire job description. Copied and pasted directly.

I'm thinking to myself: This is the boss. Too bad they probably will think "You can't hear."

You guys can just imagine what I can think in response to that.

This is just so wrong. People hammer the Deaf for having bad English and here we are.

Yea, it is a joke when hearing people look down on deaf when they are no better themselves!

PFH I don't spelling mistakes can be devolved into whether can hear. Gee- the cultural deaf/Deaf- make spelling mistakes in written material?

Implanted A B Harmony Activated Aug/07

PFH I don't spelling mistakes can be devolved into whether can hear. Gee- the cultural deaf/Deaf- make spelling mistakes in written material?

Implanted A B Harmony Activated Aug/07

Dude, you grew up hearing. You've just further validated my point.

You are so right

So here I am looking at the jobs section for something simple to do. Mostly labor. I generally want to do golf course labor.

So, I find this...

I'm thinking to myself: This is the boss. Too bad they probably will think "You can't hear."

This is just so wrong. People hammer the Deaf for having bad English and here we are.

Yep, my friend PFH, you are so right..I can feel your frustration, I have felt it myself, I know you are a very intelligent young man, with so much to offer to any company. Don't give up..never surrender to their ignorance. they do not know you. Do you have a resume or letter of introduction. I would be more then willing to help you with that if you would need it. My take on this whole job thing is...Let them meet you..see who you are...Hand them the resume or letter of introduction. I know it means alot of running around...have you contacted the people who hire for that type of groundskeeping work directly?
You see the trick in the type of work you want to do is making contact with the guy in charge of groundskeeping either threw personal contact or relay call or
mail. Do you have a list of the courses in your area? I know you are strongly independent, and I respect that about you. So, just know if you could use a hand I would be willing to make the calls or write the letters.. if we can find out who the head groundskeepers are we contact them directly...smile..yeah I used to work for Job Services as an independent contractor in my younger days. I learned all the tricks..smile....you can do whatever you want..I do not doubt that
let me know if I can help in any way..OK? smile..your friend, Midnight♥♥ :cool2:

So, I find this...

Must be an immigrant HR person

Yep, my friend PFH, you are so right..I can feel your frustration, I have felt it myself, I know you are a very intelligent young man, with so much to offer to any company. Don't give up..never surrender to their ignorance. they do not know you. Do you have a resume or letter of introduction. I would be more then willing to help you with that if you would need it. My take on this whole job thing is...Let them meet you..see who you are...Hand them the resume or letter of introduction. I know it means alot of running around...have you contacted the people who hire for that type of groundskeeping work directly?
You see the trick in the type of work you want to do is making contact with the guy in charge of groundskeeping either threw personal contact or relay call or
mail. Do you have a list of the courses in your area? I know you are strongly independent, and I respect that about you. So, just know if you could use a hand I would be willing to make the calls or write the letters.. if we can find out who the head groundskeepers are we contact them directly...smile..yeah I used to work for Job Services as an independent contractor in my younger days. I learned all the tricks..smile....you can do whatever you want..I do not doubt that
let me know if I can help in any way..OK? smile..your friend, Midnight♥♥ :cool2:

It's not that I need help finding a job. The issue is the ignorance of people on this forum as well.

I have not seen any 4th grade English by posters in this thread.

The way I see it, how well you write isn't a sign of intelligence.... I've known countless people who have good English, but couldn't make a thought-out solution to a problem if their life depended on it. I've also know many people whose English is terrible, but yet are very intelligent in other parts of their life (such as making money).

I think that hearing people (myself included sometimes) are way to quick to judge. We think we have someone all figured out before we even see them.

Just my opinion.. xD

The way I see it, how well you write isn't a sign of intelligence.... I've known countless people who have good English, but couldn't make a thought-out solution to a problem if their life depended on it. I've also know many people whose English is terrible, but yet are very intelligent in other parts of their life (such as making money).

I think that hearing people (myself included sometimes) are way to quick to judge. We think we have someone all figured out before we even see them.

Just my opinion.. xD

Can you explain the 60-70% unemployment in the deaf community?

I've met many hearies who could not read or write....and some, when they did write, it was all "scrawled" and unnreadable....I've had hearies also ask me "how do you spell?".....(such a word)...when we play Scrabble....

And the very most irritable thing a hearie can say to me is..."I ain't got none"!

And the "shocked" look whenever they give you a form to read, even write something, and you glance at it...(read it very fast)...and they say..."Huh? Did you read it"?..."Boy, you're a fast reader!"...As if that's the most amazing thing they've ever seen!

I've met many hearies who could not read or write....and some, when they did write, it was all "scrawled" and unnreadable....I've had hearies also ask me "how do you spell?".....(such a word)...when we play Scrabble....

And the very most irritable thing a hearie can say to me is..."I ain't got none"!

And the "shocked" look whenever they give you a form to read, even write something, and you glance at it...(read it very fast)...and they say..."Huh? Did you read it"?..."Boy, you're a fast reader!"...As if that's the most amazing thing they've ever seen!

So now the most of us agree that the hearing population have issues with English?

Can you explain the 60-70% unemployment in the deaf community?

No sadly... Although I'm taking an ASL class, my deaf teacher is the only deaf person I know :( (Hoping this will change next year!)

If I ever start my own business, I'd happily have deaf employees. Hearing people are very judgmental, and I sadly don't see that changing anytime soon... It's a sad world we live in

No sadly... Although I'm taking an ASL class, my deaf teacher is the only deaf person I know :( (Hoping this will change next year!)

If I ever start my own business, I'd happily have deaf employees. Hearing people are very judgmental, and I sadly don't see that changing anytime soon... It's a sad world we live in

Yeah, I brought this up on a hearing forum that I frequent.. They were like "at least HE has a job.." I was like :shock: then brought up the unemployment in the deaf community.

Back