I hate introductions!

blackjanuary

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Miles, 27 and i'm from dallas TX! I've been visiting this website for quite some time, but never signed up because i don't know much about deaf culture nor am i deaf or HOH. I don't know ASL either, but i'm curious about all of this and looking up resources on the best way to learn. The only interaction i've had with a deaf person was several years ago i saw this beautiful girl at a bar with her friends. I talked with her for a few hours writing back and forth on napkins. Next thing i knew she was sick and her friends were dragging her out. I never got her number ! :( But that's not why i want to learn ASL. As far as hobbies go, i like to fish and hunt when i can. I also ride a yamaha r6, which is my main hobby, racing, but i'm not some punk kid you see on a motorcycle! Anyways i just figured it was time i said hello. Thanks!

haha i do, but i hated this intro more than most. I wasn't really sure what to say...

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, you better get used to the introductions, even if you hated them. Just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks for the welcomes! I really hope i can post up here as well. I'm currently checking out the libraries here trying to find dvd or books so i can start learning ASL and hopefully with time i will feel comfortable meeting up with some of ya'll to test some skills!

Last edited:
Hi. You live in Dallas, so try to meet up with some deaf groups. Lots of deaf folks there in Dallas.
In the meantime, you could look up lifeprint.com or aslpro.com
Welcome, and your intro was fine.

Great is very impressive!! good i am expert asl level on experience!!

WOOT WOOT! just got a dvd at the library on ASL. I'm sure it's not the best way to learn, but it's a start :)

Hi Miles,:wave: Welcome to AD. I hope that you get out of this site what you want to. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Take care
Staci

Yes i want to learn, but i'm just starting out right now, so i'm going to stick with the dvd i have. I'm not ready to attempt to sign with people yet. Thanks for asking :)

Yes i want to learn, but i'm just starting out right now, so i'm going to stick with the dvd i have. I'm not ready to attempt to sign with people yet. Thanks for asking :)

you welcome! No problem!!

There's a lot of ASL on YouTube. Helps with practice and some are a lot of fun.
OICMovies.com has good ASL videos, but it is advanced. Good to watch, even if you can't follow it too well.

Thanks for the welcomes! I watched the dvd last night and while i can't sign anything, i learned soooooooooooooooooo much! Who knew there were different places to sign for genders! hahahahaha

Welcome! :)

Whenever you're ready to practice, or even to ask questions on how to sign something, I believe there's another thread that helps you connect with people like via skype, etc.

Have fun here!

Whenever you're ready to practice, or even to ask questions on how to sign something, I believe there's another thread that helps you connect with people like via skype, etc.

Have fun here!

that is true! I agree you :D

... but only for ASL :cry:

Back